Chapter 26

IRENE

Greggy told me earlier that we're going somewhere, i don't know where he didn't mention it. According to him, we're already near.

"Where are we going ba?" I asked.

"Honey, chill okay? malapit na tayo" He said which made me roll my eyes. It took us ten or fifteen more minutes i guess when we reached the place. I looked at him when he stopped the car outside the shop.

"And what are we doing here?" I asked but he didn't answer me instead he went out to the car and went to my side to open the car's door.

I wonder why we are here, i roam my eyes inside the shop and that one spot caught my attention making me remember my first time coming here.

"Kuya Dennis can you stop there?" Kuya Dennis look at me through the rare view mirror when i pointed the shop.

"Nako e hapon na Rene baka hanapin na tayo ng mga magulang mo" Kuya Dennis said. I look at my wrist watch and it's already five twenty five P.M and I'm still on my uniform.

"Ako bahala kela mom at dad promise kuya mabilis lang" Kuya Dennis shook his head as he stop infront of the shop.

"Wait me here kuya I'll be quick promise!" I said as i went out to the car.

When i push the glass door of the shop it reveals the inside of the shop. It's nice, it's quite vintage.

I roamed around and i saw a painting I walked towards the painting and leaned a bit to observe it, i was about the take but my forehead frown when someone grab it so i look up and said.

"Hey! you're so rude i was looking at the painting then you grabbed it how dare you!" When i saw his face i don't know but i suddenly roll my eyes when i saw him smirking.

"Sorry miss but I'll take it" He said so i raised my left eye brow.

"Excuse me i got it first" I said but he just let out small laugh. Pshh!

"How come you didn't even touch it you're just staring on it" He said making me more annoyed.

"Basta give it to me na" This man infront of me just shook his head and walk towards the cashier so i follow him.

"Please just find another painting there" I said while following him but he didn't listen to me.

When we reached the cashier area, the cashier smile and said.

"Nako sir mukang mahihirapan kang manuyo kay ma'am" My eyes widened, what the hell? pinagkamalan pa kaming in a relationship.

"A-ah no po we're not in a relationship" I let out a awkward chuckled after i say that which made the cashier raised both of her eyebrows.

When i look on my side i saw this man payed the painting already so i rolled my eyes and went outside the   shop. When i enter the car kuya Dennis saw me frowning.

"Oh? bakit ka naka simangot? akala ko ba'y bibili ka?" He asked as he started the engine.

"Next time nalang siguro kuya, let's go na baka hinahanap na tayo nila Daddy" Kuya Dennis looks at me in the rear-view mirror like he's asking me if I'm sure so i  nodded.

When Greggy tapped my shoulder i just realized that i stunned for a moment.

"Honey are you listening?" He asked.

"Pardon?"

"I said si Nana remember her?" He said and pointed the woman that is infront of us, i smile.

"Of course how could I forget Nana" I went to Nana to give her a hug.

"Nako parang hindi tumanda ah! walang pinag bago sexy at maganda parin!" I chuckled on what Nana said.

"Syempre Na! inaalagaan ko ng mabuti e" Greggy winked on which make Nana smile wider.

I left Greggy and Nana talking, I patted Greggy's arm and he just nodded. I looked at some paintings and other things that are used  for painting. Nothing has changed, the shelves are still in the same position and that big vase next to a shelf is still there.

The last time Greggy and I came here was almost four years ago, that was when we said hello to Nana because we found out that her husband died because of cancer.

My eyes widened when i saw a cockroach on the wall, call me over acting but I'm scared. Takot ako sa ipis. I quickly went to Greggy which surprised them.

"Why? what happened?" He ask me and he tucked my hair behind my ear. I looked at him, nodded and said I'm fine.

"You sure?" He asked again.

"Yes, don't worry about me" I assured him and smile at him, he also smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Sus nako naman itong mag asawang ito talaga! hala e sige tara na sa bahay at nang makapag meryinda naman kayo" We nodded and followed Nana. The shop has two floors, the shop is on the first floor and Nana's house is upstairs.

The huge living room is the first thing you can see when you enter Nana's house, there are also paintings hanging on the wall, some of them are on large canvas and others are just standard size.

Nana made us sit on the sofa while she went to the kitchen to prepare a snack. While we were waiting, Greggy and I looked at the girl who came out of the room.

"Ate Rene!" She said happily and immediately came to me to hug me. It's Aria, Nana's youngest daughter.

"Wow! you're dalaga na, Aia" She smiled. He left the hug and went to Greggy and made beso.

"Si ate naman, syempre twenty one na ako 'no! nga pala ate napadaan kayo?" Aia answered. I looked at Greggy for the answer, I don't even know why we're here, he should be at work now but he said he's on leave.

"Gusto ko lang ipasyal ang ate Rene mo dahil mukang  stress na stress na siya sa bahay" Greggy answered, that made both of my eyebrows rise.

Not long after, Aria said goodbye because she said she was going somewhere, she also went to the kitchen to say goodbye to Nana.

When Nana returned to the living room, she was already carrying a tray, Greggy immediately stood up to help Nana, but Nana said she was fine. She just asked Greggy to get the juice she made.

"Saan ang lakad ni Aia, Nana?" I asked Nana.

"Ah, ngayon daw ang pictorial nila para sa graduation" I nodded. Time flies so fast. The last time we went here is she's just a senior high school and now he is graduating

I was just smiling the whole time while Nana is making kwento about Aia and the shop.

We stayed until lunch at Nana's house because Nana cooked for us and it would be embarrassing if we refused her. And after that, it was half past one in the afternoon when we left Nana's house.