5. Poseidon.

Percy nearly laughed at the sheer irony of the fact that he landed in the exact spot he had stood and said his goodbye in when the group teleported to camp. The very spot he had never intended to stand in again. However, he was here, stood atop the hill and looking over his old home. He felt as if the Fates were conspiring against him.

"Come, we shall explain your presence to Chiron and he can help us figure out a plausible cover story." Zeus huffed, looking past him to eye Festus and the Fleece with disdain. "I'd rather not alert the campers and the cultists as to the true reason that you're here – you're suspicious enough."

"Really?" Percy responded sarcastically. "I hadn't realised that the bunch of unknown, highly armed and masked people were suspicious."

Ares snorted, directing a grin in their direction. "Ten drachmas that these lot start a fight. Fifteen if it's with someone fun."

Aphrodite let out a small huff. "Ares, do shut up." Behind them, a smug expression appeared upon Hephaestus' face.

"Lord Zeus, Lords and Ladies of the Council, welcome." Chiron greeted them when they reached the base of the hill, frown on his face. "I was unaware that you would be visiting this Solstice."

"Yes, we were rather unaware of it too." Hera glared at her husband. "We still haven't finished the council meeting upon Olympus."

"Which we won't finish until Poseidon joins us, which will not be before the sun starts to set." Hades drawled lazily. "So this is a rather pleasant break."

Chiron was eyeing their ranks uneasily, obviously suspicious as to why they were there. "Forgive me for being pushy, but who are these people?" He gestured to them. "I have celebrations to return to, dinner will start soon, and we have a game of Capture the Flag planned for the evening."

"As you are aware, there is a storm brewing," Zeus spoke hurriedly, voice low. "A war is on the horizon if we do not figure out how to stop it before it begins."

"What Lord Zeus means is that we're here to help." Percy cut in, not knowing how long it would take Zeus to get to the point otherwise. "He is of the opinion that there are people in this camp that wish to see that war come about. I am Caeruleum, Commander of the Chaos Group. My fellow Warriors and I would like your permission to infiltrate your camp and find the people responsible."

"The Chaos Group?" Chiron asked, looking uncertain. "I thought you didn't exist. The last recorded mention of your group was several centuries ago."

"Lord Chaos has seen fit to start meddling with the affairs of the universe again." Percy shrugged. "He had me rebuild it several years ago."

"This camp is in sore need of your help." Chiron shook his head. "After the last five years we've had... You will be seen as a blessing by some."

"What do you mean by that?" Percy asked, confused. "I thought this was the 'New Age of Heroes' or something like that? You've got, what, five of the Big Three's kids running around?"

"We lost one of the best young men that this world has seen five years ago." Chiron bowed his head for a moment. "His influence is sorely missed."

Percy stood there for a moment, silent in his confusion. He was well aware that Nathan was classified their best five years ago – had he died? That was a possibility he had never considered, Nathan was safe from the harms of quests and the borders were strong. Percy thought it was doubtful that Nathan had been allowed to put himself in danger after they had lost the expendable son of Poseidon. "May I ask who you refer to?"

"My son." A weary voice sounded behind him. "Percy Jackson."

Percy turned slowly, freezing when he took in the god before him. It did not look like the image he associated with Poseidon, though it was undeniably him. Gone was the tan and the permanent smile, the bright Hawaiian shirt and Bermuda short combination that Percy had teased him over for looking like the ultimate tourist on several occasions. Even the Birkenstocks that had never left his feet were gone, all exchanged for a black suit and dark green shirt. The wild waves of hair that Percy had inherited were a stark white and tamed. Gone was the warm sea-green of his eyes, instead a cold storm had taken residence. He was the shell of the father Percy had known and grown to love.

Percy realised, with tension growing in his stomach, that even when Oceanus had attacked, his father's eyes had retained their warmth – now the cold replacements regarded him with a weary expression.

"Who are you, child, and why has my brother brought the council here?" Poseidon asked, voice tired. He looked as if he were shouldering the weight of the world – a fate that Percy would wish upon nobody. Though he had mixed feelings toward his father, no child wanted to see their parent in such a state and it took a lot of Percy's willpower not to wrap his old man in a hug.

"Commander Caeruleum of Chaos' Group," Percy answered Poseidon's question softly. "We're here to find those who want to see Kronos and Gaia rise again. The Council accompanied us to Camp to explain to Chiron why discretion should be key."

"I was unaware that Chaos had founded his group again." Poseidon hummed. "Percy's favourite colour was blue."

"Brother, are you losing the plot?" Zeus looked concerned.

"No, idiot, the Commander's name translates to 'blue'." Hades rolled his eyes.

"It's my favourite colour." Percy ignored them and smiled at Poseidon. "My parents both loved it too, they joked that it was an inherited gene."

"Do you know what happened to my son?" Poseidon asked.

Luke reached slightly so he could squeeze Percy's wrist as a reassuring gesture.

"I know that he did not die, if that is what you are asking me." Percy responded nervously. "That he is yet to pass on from this Realm."

"I know." Poseidon smiled sadly. "I would know if my son had departed from the land of the living. I was asking if you had chanced upon him on your travels, if you knew where an old man could find his son to ask him to come home."

Percy stiffened, not knowing how to respond.

"I presume that you have indeed met him as you know who I am talking about, and that he is alive." Poseidon added, raising an eyebrow.

"We had a run-in with him not long after his departure from camp." Luke stepped in for him, discreetly holding Percy's hand as a gesture of comfort, realising that a quick squeeze of the wrist wasn't what Percy needed right now. Percy needed a hug, but he couldn't offer that in front of the Olympian Council.

"He was tired and lonely," Percy spoke quietly. "He missed you but didn't feel ready to return. I can only assure you that he will return – we have not encountered him since so I could not give you an answer to his whereabouts."

"Was he injured?" Poseidon asked, anxious expression replacing his grave one. "All that we found was blood and his sword – his blood."

"I can assure you, I saw no signs of any injury." Percy nodded. "He was well."

Poseidon seemed to lose about five years before him, eyes suddenly brighter and posture taller. "Thank you. Both of you." He smiled at them both. "I'm afraid I do not know your name?" He looked at Luke.

"Lieutenant Heros." Luke nodded. "I'm Commander Caeruleum's second in command. It's my job to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

"Lies and slander." Percy huffed before glancing down the hill. "I suppose we'd best go and introduce ourselves. I can see them congregating from here."

"Sure, if you call 'preparing for a fight' congregating." Luke rolled his eyes. "They look like a fun welcome party."

"You're the one who's no fun." Percy laughed and started to walk, tugging Luke's hand so that the other demigod had no choice but to either release him or follow.

Luke sighed, following. The gods watched on for a moment, all raising eyebrows at the group.

"Is it a couple who lead this group then?" Aphrodite suddenly looked far more interested, letting out a squeal.

The entire group started to laugh, not stopping when Percy and Luke stopped halfway down the hill to stare at them questioningly.

"You going to let us in on the joke?" Percy called.

They didn't receive an answer, just more laughter.

"Thought so." Percy sighed, turning back to face camp. He had a cult to find.