23. Recruitment and a Disney Reunion.

Percy's heart dropped for a second, panicking that Chaos had overheard their entire conversation. But the god's face was usually an open book and the smile on his face did nothing to suggest that he was angry or irritated.

"Chaos." He greeted with a nod.

"I would have come earlier but I was rather busy." Chaos shrugged. He'd stopped walking towards them to look at Bessie, tapping on the glass of the tank like a toddler in an aquarium. There was a soft smile on his face as he watched Bessie swim around, despite the fact the Ophiotaurus was purposefully ignoring him. "Cute."

"He's called Bessie," Percy informed him, hoping to distract him from asking too many questions.

"Let me guess, you named him?" Chaos raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I did." Percy nodded. "What brings you to Olympus?"

"Well, I went to that little camp of yours first, it was so cute to see them all running around with weapons – none of them had a clue who I was which is terrible. I thought you were going to spread my face to the masses?" Chaos pouted. "I heard about the Kronos thing, figured I would check in to make sure you're all okay?"

"Would have been better if we had more of the team here." Luke glared at him. "Would have made the fight shorter and would have given Percy a chance to have a proper go at Kronos."

"Gosh, look at you both!" Chaos clapped his hands together. "You've both shown your faces, I was wondering how long it would take."

"Is anyone else getting mad Grandmaster vibes?" Apollo muttered, barely distinguishable from the three demigods sitting with him.

Nico slapped a hand across his mouth to stop himself from laughing and Percy and Luke gave Apollo a confused look.

"Movie marathon, baby." Apollo winked at Percy. Percy didn't know how to feel about either the wink, the reiteration of a promise to have a movie marathon, or the fact Apollo had just called him 'baby' without a blush or the bat of an eyelid.

"The majority of the Council guessed who I was, and Luke revealed his identity to explain his connection to Kronos." Percy focused back on Chaos, ignoring Apollo and Nico's suppressed laughter.

"And the rest of your team?" Chaos asked. It seemed that he was ignoring Luke's outburst.

"Have kept themselves to themselves other than minor reveals. Other than Angelus that is." Percy responded swiftly.

"You would prefer if your numbers swelled?" Chaos raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." Percy glanced at Luke who nodded in encouragement. "We would."

"Would Mr di Angelo acquiesce to joining?" Chaos stared at Nico, eyes slightly predatory.

"No," Hades spoke up, tone harsh and commanding. "You aren't having my son."

"It is not your decision, Lord Hades." Chaos stalked forward. "The decision belongs to darling Nico."

"You'll let me come with Percy when he leaves?" Nico raised an eyebrow.

"Nico, no." Percy felt slightly frantic and extremely helpless as he looked between Chaos, Nico, and Hades. The latter had an expression akin to murder on his face, looking as if he wanted nothing more than to wrap his hands around the throat of the man wanting to take his son away.

"I reserve the right to quit whenever I want." Nico stared back, unflinching and ignoring Percy and his father completely.

"Accepted." Chaos grinned. He tossed Nico an amulet that matched the ones both Percy, Luke and the rest of their team had. "You'll have to make the identity Oaths of course-"