Hurting You Kills Me

**Hunter's POV**
I wanted to be pissed that she didn't tell me. And that she went to get an ultrasound without me.

But I really couldn't.

Because it's my fault that she did that.

"Daddy where's mommy?" Blake asked me as I walked into her playroom.

"She went out. She'll be home later," lies. It was a total lie. I knew that she wouldn't be home later but what was I supposed to tell her "oh yeah I don't really know. We'll be lucky if she's home by next week."

I called her about ten times. No answer. I texted her and she read every message. But didn't reply.

She had a right to be pissed at me but I just wish she would let me fix it.

So now I'm laying in our bed by myself.

She's been gone for eight hours so I decided that she's not coming back tonight.

I was just about asleep when I felt her head on my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her and she sighed before speaking.

"Hunter, I just need you to be here for me okay? I know I knew what life would be like for us but it's just hard and right now I really need you," her voice cracked.

Her voice crack broke my heart. Cause I knew I hadn't been there for her. And I knew I needed to be there for her.

"Ella, I'm sorry. I could go on and tell you that it's hard to be there for you and have the job that I have but I can't. I really can't because I should be able to do both. You need me to be able to both. I need me to do both and I'm gonna do everything I can to be there for you," I whispered and she nodded as tears streamed down her cheek.

"I love you," Was all that she said as I wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"I love you too, El Bell," I smiled.

"We're gonna have another baby," she laughed through her tears.

"We are."

"Uhm I'm sorry for how I told you," it was dark in our room but I could see the outline of her playing with her fingers.

"You had every right to tell me that way," I laughed.

"You're probably right."

"So uhm exactly how far along are you?"

"Seven weeks. I've known for a week," she whispered the last part.

"I'm sorry, Ella."

"Hey, don't be okay? It's not your fault."

It was my fault though.

It was so my fault.

"Goodnight Hunter. I love you," she whispered before laying her head back down on my chest and falling asleep.

"Goodnight, El Bell."

I still felt so guilty. I couldn't help but feel guilt in me. Poor El wanted to tell me so bad. I knew that this news would be coming soon, hopefully, but I was still so oblivious. I love El so much and I wouldn't ever want to hurt her. And knowing that the way I've acted lately hurt her, really kills me inside.