Going Out Like That

"Hey Hunter you wanna go out tonight?" Sam asked me as I picked up my guitar.

"I don't know man. I don't know how Ella would feel. It's only been a few days since the miscarriage. She's been acting fine but I still don't know if I want to," I sighed heavily.

"Alright just think about it okay?"

"Yeah. I'll ask Ella when I get home," I told him.

"Okay," he patted my shoulder and walked away.

I honestly didn't want to go out. Not just because of Ella, but simply because I just didn't want to. But I know that the guys want me to, and I know Ella will too so either way, I'm going out.

"El?" I called as I walked through the front door.

"Up stairs!" She yelled down to me.

I dropped my keys on the counter and ran up the stairs to her. I walked into our bedroom where she was laying on our bed watching something on her computer.

"Hey," she smiled and paused the show as I sat next to her.

"Hey," I smiled back and moved the computer off of her lap, set it on the nightstand, and pulled her into my side.

"How was the studio?" She whispered as she fiddled with my necklace.

"Great. Where's Blake?"

"Your mom picked her up about an hour ago. She wanted to spend time with her. She'll be home later tonight," she told me.

"Oh okay. So listen, the guys wanted me to go out with them tonight. But I don't have to go, if you want me to stay with you I will I have no problem-," she cut me off.

"Hunter, go with the guys. I'm fine," she smiled.

"Positive?" I asked her.

"Absolutely," she smiled, her hand on my cheek before pecking my lips softly.

"I love you," I grinned at her.

"I love you too. Now go," she giggled.

"Well you don't get to get rid of me yet," I chuckled.

"Darn," she smirked.

"Come on I'm gonna make dinner," I sat up and grabbed her hand, leading her out of the bedroom.

"Oh lucky me," she laughed as I she walked behind me.

"Hey can the sarcasm missy," I stopped and turned around to look at her.

"No it's better with sarcasm," she grinned.

"Fine," I smirked, picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder before running down the stairs.

"I hate you," she giggled as I walked into the kitchen.

"No you don't," I smirked as I set her down, pulling her into my chest.

"Whatever," she laughed.

"Okay what do you want to eat?" I asked her seriously.

"Uhm I'll just have a bowl of cereal she smirked as she walked to the pantry.

"Fine," I fake pouted.

"I'm just kidding she laughed as she came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Macaroni and cheese?" I grinned and turned around to face her.

"Yeah that's all you know how to cook," she threw her head back laughing.

"I can make pancakes too," I grinned.

"Oh my god you should be a chef," she gasped.

"There's that sarcasm again," I grinned and picked her back up, throwing her over my shoulder once again.

I was glad that she wasn't completely torn about the miscarriage. I mean of course I knew she was upset but seeing her mope around would've crushed me.

"Thanks for the gourmet meal. Now leave," she pushed me out of the door.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" I smirked as I stood on the porch.

"Maaaaybe," she grinned.

"Bye. I won't be home too late. Love you," I quickly pecked her lips.

"Love you too," she smiled before shutting the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Eleven o'clock that night**
I slowly and quietly shut the front door and locked it. I set my keys on the counter before walking upstairs.

I passed by Blake's room, seeing her sleeping peacefully and a smile immediately made its way to my mouth.

I wanted to be able to walk down the hall at night and see the three rooms filled with our kids sleeping. And I knew Ella wanted that too.

I quietly walked into our room seeing that Ella was already asleep. I took my shirt and pants off before slowly laying down behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and nuzzling my head in her chest.

"Are you drunk?" She asked in her sleepy voice.

"Nope," I chuckled.

"Good," she sighed and flipped her body around, digging her head in my chest.

I kissed the top of her head softly before closing my eyes.