Chapter 3

Ichijo's POV

I slowly stepped out, folding my hands behind my back.

"H...how did you know that I was there?" I asked politely.

"Shinkurou wasn't exactly the quietest whisperer," she laughed quietly.

I smiled and saw George scratch the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Very sharp hearing, Ms. Hio. And please, call me George," he chuckled.

She laughed again.

"Anyways...you have very impressive skills Ms. Hio. No wonder they placed you in the Third Years. I think with your potential, you would be able to easily beat anyone at our school even if they are older than you are," I complimented.

She blushed slightly.

"Please, don't flatter me. I am nothing but an amateur compared to you, the Crimson Prince," she said modestly.

Amateur? Tsk. Please.

"You should participate in the Nine High Schools Competition this year. You'll totally beat Tatsuya Shiba," said George all of a sudden.

"Who?" she asked.

"You don't know who Tatsuya Shiba is?" George asked surprised.

"No...my family kept me in my home for the past fourteen years. This is my first time out in the world," she said with a slightly pained look on her face.

"Oh. I see. I trust that you heard of the nine different magic high schools?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Tatsuya Shiba is the best magic engineer that ever existed. He was the reason we lost last year's competition," he explained.

She nodded again.

"So you want me to be your engineer this year at the competition?"

"Yes. That's a great idea Shinkurou," said a voice behind us.

"Ms. Jusinhaki," we all greeted.

"Well? What do you say Ms. Hio? Would you be our engineer? The competition is tomorrow and we would love to have you on board."

She contemplated the request for a bit before looking up again.

"Well then I better start packing then!"