Chapter 9

Akira's POV

I stood alongside Shinkurou and Masaki during the final match of the Monolith Code. From a couple hundred meters away, Tatsuya Shiba, Mikihiko Yoshida, and Leonhard Saijo. They were wearing the same Invisible Bullet Protection cape. Silly. Don't you know. People learn from their mistakes.

Masaki and Tatsuya started walking towards each other slowly, as if they had all the time in the world. Shinkurou and I just stood back, knowing that he could totally take care of himself...for now at least. Suddenly, Tatsuya started sprinting towards Masaki and releasing Gram Demolition against the different spells that were hurtled at him. Three...two...one... I gave Shinkorou a nod and he smirked, running towards the two other First High School students. They seemed confused why only Shinkurou attacked, but nonetheless, putting up their cape. I smirked, knowing that he was prepared for this. Taking out two guns, he cast a simple spell at the two capes, causing them to explode into nothing. Mikihiko and Leo fell back, stunned at what just happened. Using this chance, Shinkorou fired Invisible Bullets at them, defeating both at the same time. I noticed a small smirk exchanged between the Prince and the Cardinal before Shinkurou walked back next to me. Just as I turned my eyes back towards Masaki, I noticed Tatsuya hurtling three different spells at him. The Prince immediately put up Inteference Armour, which rendered all of the attacks useless. However, what Masaki did not notice was Tatsuya secretly using Gram Demolition behind his back. I sprinted towards them and used Spell Dismantling just before the spell reached us. Wanting to quickly finish off the event, I surrounded Tatsuya with Invisible Bullets. Unable to deflect all of them, he was penetrated with magic, falling to the ground. However, his body seemed to glow and within milliseconds, he healed and fired a lethal spell at us.

What the hell you stupid rule breaker!

Just before the spell could hit me, Masaki rushed in front of me and took the full blow. I watched as he crumpled down onto the grass. A whistle sounded and Tatsuya Shiba was disqualified, leaving Third High School champion. However, no cheers were heard that day.