Chapter 17

Masaki's POV

All of the contestants lined in order based on school number, a beautiful ball gown worn by every single one of them. But I only had eyes for one. Her beautiful silver hair flowed alongside her beautiful royal blue dress. She had a mysterious smile on her face and when she turned to look at me, I blushed and looked away, only to see George smirk at me. I groaned and shuffled in my seat nervously for what I was about to do.

Akira's POV

I looked down at Masaki and saw a tint of red on his cheeks before he looked away. No. I must have imagined it. It's impossible for the Crimson Prince to fall in love. And seriously, if he were to, he wouldn't fall for an ugly idiot like me. I sighed, staring at my blue gloves, nervous about the results.

"Let us start from ninth place! Ms. Ruka Seiskou! Congratulations! You earned your school ten points!"

Weak cheers sounded the room, Ninth High School most disappointed.

"Let us move this along now! We still have a ball to go to! Eighth place; Kyoko Aono with fifteen points! Seventh place; Rubi Oni with twenty points! Sixth place; Elizabeth Visque with twenty-five points! Fifth place; Yuri Hanabusa with thirty points! Fourth place; Kiriyu Jasaki with thirty-five points! Third place; Kurame Akashiya with forty points! Woah! Ladies and gentlemen there was a one vote difference that separated first and second place! Very interesting! Very well...our second place is..............Ms. Shizuka Koriyaski with forty-five points! Leaving out first place with Ms. Akira Hio! Congratulations Ms. Hio! You earned your school the highest score of fifty points!"

Cheers and screams erupted from Third High School. Oh my god. I got....first? A beautiful gold tiara was placed in my hair.

"Akira! Akira! Akira! Akira! Akira!"

Suddenly,I saw Masaki climb onto the stage, unbeknownst of the security guards. Hewalked towards me and planted a blue flower in my hair, making me blush. Somany girls were going wild and guys were hooting and wolf whistling. It was soembarrassing. Without warning, he gripped my waist and planted a kiss on my lips in front of everyone.