Finally Nice?

My alarm clock blasts in my ears yet again. I look at the time: 9:30.. 9:30?! I fully wake up and dart up in a violent frenzy, dressing up almost immediately. "Kiseop, are you still here?" I shout from the top platform. "Yes." He grumbles. I walk down the steps and panic to tie my shoelaces. "Why aren't you getting ready yet?" I question.
"It's 6:30 in the morning, idiot. Go sleep." wait.... What?
"No its not, I-"
He puts his phone screen right up to my face.
"See? Now stop bothering me so I can get at least one more hour of sleep." He snaps. I nod and bow. "Sorry.."
"Whatever, just get out of my face already." I nod again, feeling a bit hurt and annoyed. "Actually, I'll leave for breakfast now, see you later Kiseop." I sigh and leave the room. I sit by the door quietly, not wanting to disturb Kiseop any longer. I look down at my knees, which are bent up to my chest.

Why doesn't he like me?
I wonder.. But I do have to stop thinking about it. I can't let anything get me down..

"Hey Kevin," a familiar voice echos. I look up, and Eli is standing right in front of me, fully equipped in workout gear. "What's the matter? Why are you sitting out here on your own?" I stay quiet and look away. He kneels down and looks at me. "Is Kiseop bothering you? How about you come chill with Jun and I before breakfast time?" He asks. I nod and stand up, gently dusting myself off. "Let's go." I say and we walk into his room. Jun stops buckling his belt and gives me a tiny wave. I wave back and slump onto a red beanbag chair by Eli's bed. "What did that idiot do to you now?" Jun frowns and moves towards me, patting my shoulder. I shake my head, "Nothing really." I say. "I'm just overreacting."
"Please" Jun laughs. "If he ever tries something, let me know. I've got a few tricks up my sleeves that will shut him up for good." I chuckle and rustle Jun's hair.
I got lucky with these two.

At Breakfast

The guys and I head to the cafeteria, talking about news songs and bands that have been released. I have a lot of fun with Eli and Jun. At least they're nice, unlike someone else. We sit down at a table and I start to feel strange. I look to the left and notice Kiseop staring at me. I slightly choke on my milk and look away. "Are you okay, Kevin?" Jun asks. "I-i'm fine." I stand up and walk to the garbage bin to dump out my food. That was strange....

Once I finish throwing my things away I make my way back over to Eli and Jun. When I glance over at the other table again, Kiseop's eyes are still locked on me. "What's he even up to.." Jun mutters, startling me. "You noticed that?" I lower my head in embarrassment. "Yeah, of course. I've never seen him stare at someone like that before, be a bit careful, okay?" I nod and we get up and move to the hall.
"Kevin!" I hear a voice calling me in the distance. I turn around to see Kiseop coming towards me, drink in hand. "Is everything okay, Kiseop?" I question and a big smile stretches across his face. "Yeah, I noticed you didn't grab any water this morning. I though I might as well keep you hydrated so people don't think I killed you if you end up dead!" I roll my eyes and snatch the water bottle from his hand. "Thanks for noticing, coming to class?" I twist the cap of the water bottle and take a sip. "Yeah, join me?" He asks. Although I'm suspicious of this change of heart, I nod and walk with him.

One Week Later

Kiseop has changed his approach almost entirely. Although I was shocked at first, this new side of him has brought me a lot of happiness. He'll walk me to class, maybe even sit beside me depending on his mood. We have 2 classes together, but we usually end up sitting at opposite ends of the room.

"Everyone pay attention to Kevin, he really knows what he's doing." Mr.Kang says. The whole class gives me dirty looks until the Bell rings.
I pack my things and hurry out, still getting caught up in the traffic of many boys hurrying to their dorms. As soon as I reach the door, someone grabs me and covers my head. Several other people seem to join in and carry me away. I flail and squirm, but I am stuck. It's only been a week and I'm already a target?

I continue to fidget, hoping someone will loosen their grip, but nothing is happening. Their hands are locked tightly and they won't budge. Someone's grip tightens even more and I cry out in pain, causing the group to burst out into laughter. "Help!" I whimper. Of course there's no use now. I feel a tear trickle down my face out of fear. "Yah.. Let me go!!" I shout, but no one speaks a word to me. Dammit. I am finally put down and my blindfold is taken off, only to reveal Hoon, Dongho, and Kibum. I'm not surprised.. But why?
"Why am I here?"
My hands and legs are tightly bound with prickly and heavy ropes.
"You'll see in a moment, teacher's pet. Rot in hell." Hoon booms. I look around.
"The pool? But-"
Dongho and Kibum pick me up and throw me right in like I'm nothing.
I start to sink and my body begs for air. It's no use. I'm done for.
I close my eyes and accept my pain, feeling utterly defeated.

Kiseop POV

I look at the clock. 6:00 pm? He should be here by now. This is strange. Why isn't that blonde rascal back yet?
I sigh and leap out of bed, heading towards the door.
Hmmm... Maybe I should search for him.
I roam the halls for a bit, but no sign of Kevin.
Shit. Where is he?!
When I reach the workout room, I notice Hoon and the others running out of the entrance to the pool. "Hmm.." I mumble. I scratch my head and wander in that direction. When I am inside, I come face to face with something unimaginable.

There's a body. Right at the bottom of the pool. Before I even realize it, I'm already 4 feet deep into the water, diving down as far as I can. I reach down and grab the frail body's arm.
I gasp for air when we reach the surface and I drag the fragile body out of the water, quickly unbundling the ropes as I do so.

It's.. It's Kevin..

"Kevin!" I yell in a panic. I lean down to check if he's breathing.
.
.
.
..... There's nothing. I hear nothing, I feel nothing.

I start doing compressions, but I fear my barely compensatory CPR skills won't do it. I press and press and press.

Nothing. Ugh. How could I let this happen to him.. how could I have let him out of my sight.

I shake my head and bring my lips to his, transferring air into his lungs. "C'mon Kevin. Please." I start compressions again, and to my surprise, water shoots out of his mouth.
"Oh thank god!" I shout.

Kevin POV

My eyes slowly flutter open, and a dribbling wet Kiseop is looking down at me. "Oh thank god!!" he shouts, pulling me into his arms. I flinch and my face turns pink. "K-Kiseop?" I manage to say.
"You gave me a goddamn heart attack, Kevin Woo!" his arms tighten around me.
"Sorry, Kiseop?" I mumble weakly.
"Huh? What is it Kevin? Are you hurt anywhere?!"
"N-no.. It's just... You're crushing me."
"Oh." He lets go and I catch my breath.
"Thank you." I say. His pale face warms back up and he shines me a bright smile. "It's nothing, but you still owe me big time." He chuckles, gently patting my back. Kiseop takes my hand and pulls me up, carefully walking me back to our dorm room.

Is he finally letting his true colours show?