SNMS, Alternate Ending

Kiseop POV

I thought I could stay away from Kevin.. but it's too hard. I love him. Why should I stop when I know it will hurt both of us?

I sigh and look over at Jaesop, who is sitting at his desk. "Hey.. sunbaenim, have you heard from Kevin?" I question. Jaesop takes his headphones out and looks at me, confused.
"He didn't tell you?" Jaesop shoots up out of his chair and walks over to me.
"Tell me what?" My heart sinks into the pit of my chest as he approaches me.
"Kevin is leaving to California tonight. You guys were so close.. I thought that's why you were staying with me." He says with a concerned look plastered on his face.

No.. this can't be.
How could Kevin..

"No he never told me," I exclaim, "it's 5:30.. do you think he's left already?" I grab my room keys off of the desk and pick up my things.
"If he's not in the dorms, I wouldn't be surprised." Jaesop says as he opens the door for me.
"Thanks for everything, sunbaenim." I smile at him slightly. "It's nothing. Good luck, Kiseop."
With that, I run towards my room door and open it. As soon as I enter, I already notice the change.
Kevin's desk is completely cleared..besides..
Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a slip of paper on the desk. I quickly unfold it.

"Dear Kiseop,
If you ever see this message, I guess you've finally decided to come back. I wanted to start off by saying I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I was such a nuisance from the beginning until now.. and I'm sorry that I had the guts to even fall for you. The days I spent with you here were some of the best I've ever had in my life . I would never take any of that time back. I cherish you more than anything.. and I don't know if I can go anywhere this far away without you. I'm leaving to attend a music school in California on a full scholarship. My family doesn't have much money.. so this is a really good opportunity for us. I hope you can understand.. and forgive me. Just know that I'll be thinking of you... and it's okay if you decide to move on. I don't know if I can do it.. I'm already missing you as I write this.
I love you.

Kevin Woo."
Tears slip down my cheeks as I throw the paper to the ground and pick up my phone.
"Hello? Yes, I need a taxi as soon as you can." I slip my running shoes on and head to the courtyard to wait for my ride.

I have to make it.. this can't be the end.

Once the taxi arrives, I phone my family's staff and arrange for them to look into Kevin's flight.

Kevin POV
I sigh and look down at my watch.
Ah.. 6:00 already? I guess I should head for security soon.
I pick up my suitcase and begin making my way to the security check-in. The airport is packed with people, which surprises me on a Monday night. I soon approach the front of the lineup and made my way through the scanners.
"You're good to go!" A security person says before signalling me to move over.
"Thank you." I smile and grab my backpack and suitcase before heading to my gate.
I wonder what Kiseop is up to.. every time I think of him, my heart hurts.
I nudge the thoughts away and sit down near my gate.

"Attention guests of flight A7303 to Los Angeles, boarding will commence in 5 minutes."

I feel a pang in my chest as I hear the announcement. I get up and start preparing to line up with the rest of the passengers. Before I can get too far, I hear a familiar voice behind me.
"Kevin!!" A panting Kiseop approaches me, and I stare at him in awe.
"Kiseop, what are you doing here?" I blurt as I come face to face with my love.

His forehead is caked with sweat..

"Kevin.. I take back everything that I said. I wasn't thinking straight.. I need you." He says, visibly distressed.
"I don't know what to say.. I have no choice," I sigh as I feel tears welling up in my eyes.
"I know, that's why I have this." Kiseop pulls out a slip of paper from his back pocket.

A plane ticket?

"How did you get this?" I ask in shock.
"I pulled some strings.. I wasn't going to let you leave me that easily." He says before pulling me closer.
"Kiseop, you can't do this. We're in public."
"I don't care anymore. I love you, Kevin Woo. It doesn't matter what everyone else has to say. I can't deny how I feel about you any longer."
His words take me aback, and I feel a tear slip down my face. Kiseop brings his palm to my cheek, gently wiping the tear away.
"Don't cry, I'm here now." He whispers to me softly.

This boy.. so spontaneous.. I don't know what to do with him.

"But what about classes? Won't you fall behind?" I question.
"Nonsense, things will be okay. I think that should be the least of our concerns." He chuckles before removing his hand from my cheek and grabbing onto my suitcase.
"I've got this. Come on, Kevin. We've got to board."

I can't believe what's happening.. is this a dream?

I nod my head slowly and follow him as we embark on this new path.

I don't know what to expect from all of this, but if Kiseop means what he says, then there's nothing more for me to say. It's true.. we do need each other, and although the future is uncertain, I want to take this ride with him.
From roommate to lover.
I love you, Lee Kiseop.