Chapter 1

Collin's point of view

"And now the times are changing, look at everything that's come and gone, sometimes when I play that old six string, I think about you and wonder what went wrong-"

My earbuds were ripped out of my ear and I looked up. The headmistress stood there and glared at me. "Are those bags of yours packed yet Collin?" She asked me.

I shook my head and she sighed. "Well get them fucking packed. Luke will be here to pick you up in a less than an hour." She told me and I sprung out of my bed as she slammed the door shut.

Luke. I was told he'd be adopting me awhile back. I didn't know much about him though. All I knew was that his name is Luke and he lives with his three best friends. I was also told he dresses similar to me which is pretty cool.

I grabbed my black suitcase and then stuffed my clothes and extra pair of shoes in there. I zipped it up and then went to my shared bathroom. I put my hands under the faucet and then washed my face quickly.

I fixed my hair and then sighed. It was so fluffy today and I wish it would just calm the fuck down. I patted the sides down and then walked out of the bathroom.

I pulled my black guitar case out from under my bed and then set it beside my suitcased. I sat down and then put my earbuds in again. I put my music on shuffle and then the song 'Back In Black' by AC/DC came on.

I nodded along to it and then closed my eyes. I didn't listen to what other people my age did. I liked classic rock and anything that is influenced by it. I didn't like pop or rap. There were only a few artists I listened to but only because they had deep lyrics; Halsey, Eminem, Ed Sheeran, and Lana Del Rey.

I liked loud guitar riffs and thumping basslines. I liked long drum solos and deep lyrics. I liked the energy and vibe that rock gave off. I liked how passionate it was and how everyone could relate to a song. Rap and pop could capture some of that, but it couldn't capture all of it.

I sighed and then hummed along as the song changed. I yawned a bit, despite the energetic and loud roaring in my ears, and then my earbud was ripped from my ear yet again.

"Collin, get up. They're here." The headmistress said and I jumped as she placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and grabbed my suitcase and guitar case.

I began to make my way to the front of the building where they must be waiting, but I didn't see anyone. All I saw were a bunch of guys who looked a few years older than me and we're dressed like me. They all had black skinny jeans on and sunglasses as they talked.

A few had piercings, a few had tattoos, and a few wore snapbacks. One wore a bandana and the other wore a beanie. They looked like guys who would be all cocky, arrogant, and were rather popular.

Soon, one with blonde hair looked over and then he went up to me. "Collin... right?" He asked me and I nodded. The other three walked over and I just kind of froze up.

"Hey buddy, I'm Luke. I'm the one who adopted you and these guys are my best friends." He told me and then introduced them all to me; Calum, Ashton, and Michael.

"H-Hi." I stuttered out as they looked at me. I was never good with people. I couldn't make friends because I was so shy and really awkward.

"Before we leave to the house, how about we go out and get to know each other? Maybe get some lunch or hang out at the park." Luke told me and I just looked at him.

"I-I guess that would be okay." I said and then he nodded with a smile. He led me to a car and then I put my things in the back Luke he told me too.