Chapter 13

The rest of that day passes in a blur and as well as the following week. I've gotten into a routine with Kacee.

I'm the morning she would wake me up with some whimpers stating that she's hungry. After making her a bottle and feeding her I change her. Once we are both dressed I take her down stairs so that I can eat. For the rest of the day I just spend it trying to get to know her better.

I've learned many things in the past week being with her. I found out that she hates being put in her crib and loves to hit on the floor in the afternoon. The most surprising was that she can crawl.

We were in my bed room one after noon, her on laying on the floor while I was sitting in my chair reading. When I looked down when she started whimpering because she couldn't reach her stuffed bunny and noticed her small movements forward. Now every time she is on the ground she starts crawling. This just made watching her harder because before I didn't have to worry about her getting away. But it also makes watching her much better. I can see her develop more and more each day.

For the most part she is a pretty happy baby. She doesn't cry much, only when she needs something, and is constantly smiling and giggling. I got paired with a good youngster.

Today is like our other days, she woke me up and I fed and changed her. I'm getting us both ready to go down to get lunch when a knock comes from my door. Looking over at Kacee I see that she's on her stomach with her hand in her mouth. She seems content for the moment, I go answer the door.

When I open the door, I see Colton leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed in front of him.

He smiles at me before he speaks, "what do you have planned for you and the lovely lady today?"

I haven't seen any of my friends in the past week. I've been very busy getting Kacee use to me and me use to her. But seeing Colton now I realize just how much I've missed him.

"Me and her were just planning on spending it like we have been."

He looks past me into the room at her then back at me. "I have a better idea. Why don't you two take me into town and show me around? We can stop at whatever restaurant you want for lunch and I'll pay. Heck, I'll even push Kacee in her stroller. You two need to get out some and I want to explore. It's a win win so what do you say?"

"Fine. Let me just get some shoes on and I'll be right out."

I shut the door and quickly find some shoes. I then scoop miss Kacee up and buckle her into her car seat. The stroller that's down stairs is made to snap onto the seat for little ones or can be used for toddlers. There are a few in the closet for anyone to use.

After finding my shoes and changing Kacee into a cute little pink dress with a cute flower headband I pack her dipper bag. I make sure that I will have plenty of dippers, a little container of formula and a few bottles with water, along with wipes and a change of clothes. You can never be too prepared when it comes to little kids. I finally get why mothers carry such big bags when they have kids.

When I open the door, Colton sees me and immediately takes the bag off my shoulder and places it on his own with no shame.

"You don't have to carry that. I can get it." I hate feeling like I have to rely on people.

He just ignores me and starts down the stairs. I follow him surprising him with my speed. I've carried her up and down the stairs many times and I'm used to it by now.

Before I head to the door I go to my dad's office. I knock on the door once before I enter. "Hey dad, I'm gonna go into down with Kacee and Colton. Is that all right?"