03 - I'm Fine

When my eyes snapped open I saw Thomas hovering above me. He let out a sigh of relief when he realized I was okay. The boy then cautiously helped me sit up and regain my composure. But I definitely wasn't calm, not after that. They killed the love of my life. They killed Minho.

"How could you do that?!" I shouted at Rat Man. "How could you kill him?!"

"Kill who?" Thomas asked, his eyes darting between the both of us.

"Minho."

I could see his heart physically drop. But the fire in his eyes was still burning. So the boy stood and faced the skinny man with clenched fists. Rat Man took a few steps backwards, obviously aware that we were both very, very angry.

"He's not dead," he tried to defend himself. "It was all part of the test. It wasn't real."

I grabbed Thomas's arm to pull myself up. I wasn't going to be very intimidating lying on the floor.

"Yeah right," I spat. "Now you're gong to say all of our other friends aren't dead too. This is all part of a big game made especially for Tommy and I. Well it's over. The two of us are going to win together because we have no one else."

Thomas nodded in agreement before stepping forward. His hair was still dripping with water which reminded me of our shower talk. Also known as me telling him I have the Flare. Now that I remembered I had literally nothing to lose I could let loose on him and it wouldn't matter. But I didn't. I wanted to know what that pathetic man had to say for himself.

"Now listen to me. If you just go through those doors you'll know I'm telling the truth. So don't do anything you'll regret later."

I smirked at his choice of words. Anything I do I won't regret later because I won't remember it. My mind will be a jumbled mess of chaotic madness. I don't think he cares anyway, as long as WICKED gets the cure for themselves.

"You go through first, so we know it's not a trap," Thomas said.

He nodded and began to reach for the handle. Before he opened the door, I leaned over and whispered in Thomas's ear.

"If it is a trap, we run."

"And we get out of here," he agreed.

On the other side of the doors was a small auditorium filled with people. Those people were my friends. They were alive. They were actually alive.

It took me awhile to comprehend what was happening because I was so convinced that they were all gone. But when I saw their smiling faces I wanted to cry tears of joy. Newt, Harriet, Aris, Teresa, they were all there. The one person that made me break down completely was Minho. He was talking with Frypan and he looked so... so masked. It was like he was trying to hide his true emotions under a smile.

"Well I've been shuck-," Minho started to say, but stopped when his eyes landed on me.

My feet seemed to start moving themselves as soon as my name left his mouth. Time slowed down as we made our way to one another, nothing would get in our way. Not now. Not ever.

When we embraced each other I clung to him, having no intention of letting go. I grabbed handfuls of his shirt in my hands while my head snuggled into his neck. If they didn't know us, they would have guessed we haven't seen each other in years. I guess that was particularly true, because right at this moment, it was like we had met for the first time after I was taken out of their maze.

"I thought you were dead!" I croaked. "Oh, God. I thought I had lost you forever."

Minho stroked my hair to comfort me, and himself. "I'm fine. No one is getting rid of me that easily."

I looked up at him. His face was still as handsome as I remembered. It was utterly captivating.

"I remember. I remember when I was in the Maze with you. I'm so sorry I said all of those things. I didn't mean them because I love you, Minho. I love you so much. More then you could ever imagine."

"I love you too, Anne."

After he said that, I brought my face next to his, then kissed him. My arms wrapped around his neck as our bodies pressed against each other. His warmth made my body tingle. It was best feeling in the world.

Someone cleared their throat which caused Minho and I to separate. Newt stood there, a large grin on his face.

"So I hear you bloody remember. About time."

I laughed and went to hug my best friend.

Rat Man came down the aisle clapping his hands in an annoying manner. "Everybody take a seat. We've got a few things to cover before we remove the Swipe."

He went up on the stage in the front of the room, walking as arrogantly as humanly possible. The man made his way to the lectern and gripped the edges and repeated the same forced smile from earlier, then spoke. "That's right, ladies and gents. You're about to get all your memories back. Every last one of them."

♥️♣️♥️♣️♥️♣️♥️♣️♥️♣️♥️♣️♥️♣️♥️

Sorry this took so long. Been busy AF.

~Remember to vote and comment!~