07 - Take A Chance

The two woman held the Launchers at our faces. It puzzled me why they would do that. It's not like the four of us could over power them considering they had armor and guns. It was most likely to intimidate us. I guess it sort of worked, but it didn't make me want to back down.

One of the two woman spoke. "If any of you try anything one of us will shoot at you. Cooperate and everything will go as smooth as possible." 

None of us had time to protest because four of the five guards advanced forward. They placed their Launchers on their backs before grabbing our arms and hauling us out of the room and down a long corridor. Minho kept on yelling out swear words and struggling against the largest guards grip. 

"Minho, stop," Thomas pleaded. "You're only making it worse." 

The boy ignored him and continued to fight against the giant man. "Get your hands off me you slinthead! You're going to regret this later." I could tell the guy was gradually becoming more and more annoyed with every insult. It was kind of annoying me too. I mean, what was struggling going to do for us now? Even if he did somehow manage to escape what could he do by himself? Nothing. 

Eventually we came to a door and the extra guard unlocked it. Thomas, Newt, and I were pushed inside. Minho, on the other hand, was shoved in causing him to topple to the ground. I didn't really care that he let out a pain filled groan, he deserved it. 

"We'll bring you food later," the lady who unlocked the door told us. "The procedure will begin tomorrow morning so make sure you get some rest. You'll need it." She then closed the door. The sound of the lock clicking sounded through the air. 

I looked around at the small room the four of were now trapped in. It had two sets of bunk beds and a kitchenette with a table and chairs in the far corner. This place seemed like paradise compared to the rest of the prisons I have been in. Although I didn't feel an immediate threat, I knew one was on its way. I wanted to get out of here. Not only were we forced into here, but we were being forced to remember. I really didn't want to do that because I was afraid that I was going to find out something that would ruin who I've become. 

Thomas went up to the door and began to push and pull on it. When it didn't budge, he banged his fits on the metal before yelling. I didn't see what that would do to help us. If anything, it would make things worse. We already made them mad, which could be good and bad. 

"Slim it," Newt said to Thomas. "No one's coming to bloody tuck you in." 

Thomas turned around, ready to say something. Before the words left his mouth Minho talked. "We missed our chance. We need to start taking some chances. It's not like they're going to announce when it will be a good opportunity to try to escape. By the time it will be completely clear we will be old and saggy." Minho sat the bottom part of a bunk bed and let out a prolonged sigh. 

I cleared my throat. "You're right. Since the moment we were put in the Maze we have been taking chances. That is what has kept us alive. So why stop now?"

Thomas nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you are, I'm sorry. It just didn't feel right. When they put those weapons in our faces it seemed pointless to try anything." 

"Yeah, well, I am right most of the time," Minho said in a slightly annoyed voice. " You and Brenda had a nice little reunion." 

Tommy took in a deep breath. "She said something." 

That caught my attention. "What did she say?" 

"She told me not to trust them and to only trust her and someone named Chancellor Paige." Thomas glanced at me with weary eyes. "She also said being near Anne would get us all killed." 

I stared at Thomas as the words he spoke circulated through my ears. Obviously that Brenda chick knew who I was, but she also knew something I didn't. If it was so important for her to tell Thomas this information right away how could it not be true. 

"That's a bunch of klunk," Newt complained. "She works for WICKED and is still acting like she did in the Scorch. That girl is filled to the brim with lies." 

"Yeah, she's no better then the rest of them," Minho agreed.

I could tell Thomas was getting frustrated with the two boys. "Look, I used to work for WICKED too, and so did Anne. You trust us right? Maybe she had no choice, maybe she changed, I don't know. All of that doesn't mean anything now." 

My face scrunched up in confusion. "It does mean something. It means we were horrible people who did horrible things." I crossed my arms. "But one thing she doesn't have in common with us is that she didn't have her memories taken away. She knows exactly what she has done and what she is doing. She obviously has some master plan going on that we don't know about." 

No one responded after that. Thomas avoided eye contact, looking slightly disappointed. For the rest of the time we sat around until they brought us food. Then we ate in silence. 

After what seemed like forever, I said something. "I think we should try something tomorrow. Even if it seems impossible to win, I think we should take that chance." 

"It's not going to be impossible to win. Janson thinks he has us all figured out but he doesn't," Thomas began. "We know more than he thinks and that gives us some leverage."

Newt stood up from the floor. A small smile was forming in his face. "Not to mention they practically trained us to fight. They have no buggin' clue what we're capable of." The blond placed his hand on my shoulder and looked at Thomas and I. "You two have worked for them in the past, so you're important. They wouldn't want to kill you."

"I wouldn't let them even if they tried," Minho chimed in. "We're getting out of here. Together." 

Newts smile was now extremely wide, but it was soon replaced with a yawn. "We better quit yappin' and get some sleep." 

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

An update, FINALLY. 

Remember to Vote and Comment! :)