24 - Control

"Gally?!" I blurted out. "I thought he was dead?"

Thomas put the note in his pocket. "Me too," he said. The boy seemed almost relieved at the news.

"He's not dead," Brenda added.

Thomas, Minho, and I looked at her intensely.

"They controlled his mind," she continued. "They made him throw the knife, and they made Chuck jump in front of it. It was to map out their brains. They were just another variable."

Hearing that information made me think of Racheal and Beth. Both of them didn't want to do what they did. I don't even know what happened to Beth after that. It also made me think of how I killed Josh. How I felt powerless as my body moved but my mind was screaming to stop. I felt furious at Gally and Beth. But now... now I didn't know what to feel. Gally killed my brother, my only flesh and blood. But on the other hand he didn't kill him. It was WICKED who had killed my brother. It was WICKED who had taken him. It was WICKED who had ruined my life.

"Gally went crazy. It was like he had the Flare," Brenda added.

"It's true," Jorge said. "I saw him run past the guards naked screaming about beetles in his veins. The kid was not okay."

Thomas shook his head and looked at me. "So you were in the Right Arm?"

I nodded. "But I don't think I can be much help with them. I was on the outside. I did small jobs like moving around, finding out where WICKED soldiers were posted. I didn't know hardly anything. That's another reason why I left. I didn't want to wait that long to actually get some valuable information."

"Do you think they'd help us?" Tommy asked

"You guys? Maybe. But me, no. They hated me for leaving. I threw someone under the bus to get away. I doubt they will let bygones be bygones."

"Either way, I think we should still find Gally."

"I really think we should find Hans before anything," Brenda said. She looked doubtful at what Thomas and I were saying.

Minho nodded slightly. "I don't want to be controlled by those Slintheads. Especially since they seem to like killing people and making murders." Minho glanced at me, remembering when I was in his Maze.

"I think we should go see Gally first

"I think we should go see Gally first. It just feels right," Thomas said.

"What if it's a trap?" Brenda argued.

"Yeah," Minho agreed. "Maybe we should think about this."

"No," Thomas said," I'm done guessing what I should do. My gut is telling me that Gally is on our side. He has a connection to the Glade. There is every reason for him to be on our side."

"Fine," I said. "But if this goes to shit, I'm blaming you."

Thomas smiled. "Good that. Now how do we get to him?"

Brenda raised an eyebrow at him. "Ever heard of a cab?"

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

~Remember to vote and comment!~