Echo

*Colby's P.O.V*

"Don't break that." I watch my maid and butler carry the coffee table to move it to another room. I have my hands full with snacks and food. Mariana is coming over today and I'm making sure everything is perfect.Sister Brother Day has been a tradition for a long time. We didn't always like each other.

It was after her first heartbreak came. You would think it was over a boy or something. But no, it was because of me. When I left home, she didn't like it at all. She cried every night for a whole week straight. I wasn't aware of it until mom came to camp and got me. She took me home and explained on the way. We were really young. I was about 16 or 17 and she was like 10 or 11. I ran to my sister and held her. I promised her the next day, I would spend the whole day with her. That was how brother sister day was created.

"Mr.Lopez, your sister has arrived," Mariana says with a sleeping bag in one hand and a small suitcase in the other. "My other bags are in the car." "It's only one night sis." "Yeah. But I have the tent in the car and drinks." I laughed and pulled my sister into a hug. "You ready for breakfast?" "Ready? Ready is an understatement. I'm so damn hungry that hungry jumped off a cliff because he got tired of me saying how hungry I was." I shook my head. "Why are you so hungry?" "Well Joe Joe bean and I were......" "Joe Joe bean," I asks trying so hard not to laugh. "Yeah! And your Colaby Bear. Jon is Jonny Poo." "And who made this up?" "We did." "Interesting," I say walking to the kitchen. I paid a chef to make us breakfast and dinner. For lunch, we are going out.

"Colbs." "Yeah?" "I had a conversation with Elle today. She said to tell you three things. One," she talks in a little girl voice," Colaby, I miss you." "Awe." "Second, call me uncle Colaby. I want to tell him I wuv him." How cute is that? "And three is a heartbreaker." I raise an eyebrow. "Mommy cried a lot last night. Mommy needs a hug. She like Uncle Colaby hugs." I just look at her.

Demi is so heart broken it's not even funny. "So I was thinking, maybe after breakfast, you and I go to my house to check on Demetria?" "Absolutely." "Thanks Colby," she grabs my hand,"it means a lot." "Anytime sis."

*~*~*~*~*~*

"I told you I'm fine." "Yeah? You tell that to the person who heard you crying last night," I say pointing to Elle as she is eating some strawberries. "She did?" Mariana and I nodded. "She wanted him to talk to you and hug you." She sighs walking to the couch. I sit across from her. "He never turns down a bar. Never. Hell! If he was able to get pregnant he wouldn't turn down a bar. I should have known something was up." "Its not your fault. None of us knew. How would you expect to know?" "Why her? Why now?" "Have you talked to him?" "No. I can't look at him. All I see is his lips on hers. I can't speak to him with that image in my head." "Look. Before Ro kills him, go talk to him. But only when you are ready. I'll talk to him to figure out what happened. Okay?" She nods her head and gives me a hug. I hug her back as I feel my shirt getting wet. "Let it all out." "Hey princess Elle, why don't you and I go watch some Sofia the First?" She vigorously nods her head and follows Mari upstairs.

"What am I going to do? He is going to be the one to tell her what he did but I'm the one who is going to deal with the after mass." "We will all be here to help deal with the after mass. You aren't in this alone. We are here." She smiles. "There goes that smile. Come here." I hold my arm out and pull her close to my side. I rub her arm saying it's going to be alright. "I'm sorry I ruined your sister brother day." "It's still morning time. It's only 10 am. We have a lot we can do."

"Get up!" Joe walks in dresses for the day as his sister here sulks in her sadness which she has the right to do. "No! Let me be sad." "Why are you sad Auntie Demi?" Joelle came out from behind her dad as he stands there smiling. "Joelle," Elle screams as she runs down the stairs. "Walk!" Elle slows her pace. "I thought I heard Joe's voice," Mariana says as she jumps on him. "Hey baby girl." "Joelle! Oh how I have missed you," she says hugging her. "Hi Mari. Why is auntie Demi sad?" I reach my arms out for Joelle to come to me. Joe picks up Elle and stats making noises to distract her from what I am about to say.