Chapter 6- You Belong With Me

I sat up on my bed and yawn, I grabbed my iPhone off my nightstand beside my bed and clicked the home button. It's July 15, that means that there's 1 day until Katrina's birthday. Which is always HUGE and since she's turning 18 that means even bigger, an awesome party, amazing gifts, and a lot of drama because Katrina has to have everything perfect that's one of her kinda flaws kinda not. I texted Liam and Shimmer asking if they wanted to meet at the mall to go shopping for Katrina's presents, I would have asked Makenna but the poor girl is on Katrina duty. Every year we switch Katrina duty last year it was my turn, the duty is to make sure Katrina doesn't freak out and to help plan her party. Liam and Shimmer both texted back minutes after saying yes and we made a plan to meet at the mall at 12:00. Right now, it was 11:30 I got out of bed and got in the shower. After my shower I got dressed in my teal tank top (in the chapter Just Plain Rude there's a pic of the whole outfit), light washed Jean shorts and teal running shoes, I brushed my hair and put it in a French braid. I knocked on Natalie's door but there was no response I opened her door a crack to find she was sleeping, she was out cold because of the party she went to last night she was sleeping in. I went downstairs and my mom was sitting at the table reading the newspaper "Hey mom" I said as I walked towards the door, "Good morning honey. Where are you off to?" she asked "To the mall to meet Riley and Liam to get Katrina's birthday presents" I said as I left and shut the door. I opened the car door and began to start it and was going to drive off but suddenly I heard someone calling me, "Blondie wait", it was Liam jogging towards the car he opened the car door, "Can I have a ride with you to the mall? Please" he said with puppy dog eyes "Yes" I said "But the puppy dog eyes did nothing" I added and we both laughed. The ride to the mall was filled with small talk with "Something Big" By Shawn Mendes playing on the radio in the background, when we arrived at the mall I saw Riley standing at the entrance , I found a parking spot beside a black van. Liam and I get out of my dark blue jeep and walk to the entrance of the mall, I wave at Shimmer and so does Liam, Riley ran up to us and started walking with us. Liam held the door for us and we thanked him we went to a lot of clothing, jewelry, and furniture stores and we got a lot of stuff for Katrina (the stuff above) we also got some things for her from Makenna. Makenna asked me to get some stuff from her and she would pay me back, "I'm hungry" I moaned as we walked around another clothing store "Ya me too" Liam wined with me. But for some reason Shimmer was more interested in the clothes in front of her "Okay we'll go get food after I pick my last present" Shimmer said looking at the two pieces of clothing she was holding up in front of her. She turned to us "Which one I can't decide" Shimmer said showing us the clothes , "I don't care I'm hungry just pick a damn present and let's go" I said with a snappy tone making Liam laugh "She's right you know, and ouch my girl has some good comebacks" he said laughing again. His girl. I like that wait. I loved that. Riley finally picked one and we went to the food court, I got a cheese burger from Wendy's, Liam got 3 tacos from TacoBell, and Riley got a cheese burger from A&W.

I got up and dumped my wrappers in the garbage, Shimmer and Liam did the same "What are we doing now?" Liam asked yawning because he was tried of shopping. "Shimmer and I are going dress shopping for the party and your going home" I say winking "If I have to" Liam says and he looks at me when Shimmers back is to us he mouths thank-you and I nod. After Liam leaves, Shimmer and I go into our favourite dress store well I don't have a favourite dress store but Shimmer does and it's this store. We walk into the store and Shimmer looks around holding stuff in front of me and telling me to try on a bunch on different dresses and handing me shoes. When it comes to clothes I let Shimmer take the lead cause I know barely nothing about clothes especially dresses, "What about this one?" Shimmer said holding a dress in front of me "Too girly" I said pushing back to her.

After 2 hours of dress shopping I arrived home with a nice outfit and now it's 9:00, so I decided to head upstairs to get in my pyjamas. I put on my red t-shirt that says "this is a pyjama shirt" in white writing on the front and black pyjama shorts, I opened up the curtain to see Liam's light on in his room. I decided to text Liam cause I wanted to talk to him.
Bridget: Hey
I waited a few minutes and Liam opened his curtain, looked at me and smiled he had on grey track pants and a black t-shirt. He looks really good, so I give him a sweet small back suddenly my thought broke when I heard a beep. It was a message from Liam
Liam: Hey, how was dress shopping?
Bridget: Shimmer just dragged me around shoving cute and frilly dresses in my face. Lol
Liam: lol that's Shimmer
Bridget: But I eventually found one :)
Liam: Well you would look good in anything
I didn't know what to say I mean.wow.
Liam: Because you fit most styles
Then I calmed down but I wished that he didn't say that cause I liked that.
Bridget: Thanks
Liam: So who's your date to the party?
Bridget: What do you mean date?
Liam: Matt told me you have to bring a date and said that I should ask you
Bridget: Oh Katrina never told me that. So your asking me?
Liam: Open your curtain
I opened my curtain to find Liam on the other side with a piece of paper that said Dance? With me? I laughed because it's from the video "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift and shook my head yes.
Bridget: Goodnight
Liam: Goodnight
I started smiling really big and happy, he just asked me on a date. I'm going on a date with Liam Clark, my crush and best friend. What if we mess the friendship up. Should I actually say no.... No I've wanted this my whole life well since I was 9.. I'll ask Makenna well I'll text her.
Bridget: Makenna I have a problem...
Makenna: What's the problem girl?
Bridget: Someone asked me to the dance.
Makenna: I knew he would
Bridget: Who?
Makenna: Oh you know the guy you have liked for about 9 years your best friend
Bridget: How did you know?
Makenna: How did I know well Liam likes you so that pretty much gave it away and I'm a genius so ya!
Bridget: Well I said yes
Makenna: Good you were supposed to
Bridget: But what if it ruins our friendship
Makenna: You guys won't let that happen. Just be happy. Goodnight
Bridget: Goodnight Genius

Please watch the video on the side it's You Belong With Me By Taylor Swift and it relates to the story.