Shadow

Mack's POV

All morning I've been wandering and thinking. I thought of a lot of things but mainly the mood changes my dad said I would get. I ended winding up in front of the library doors. I guess my head knows that what I need is some quiet time to forget about things. I stepped into the library and instantly my nose was filled with the smell of old books. I smiled and I closed the door behind me. I walked in and the first think I saw was the librarian Shadow. Shadow is a teenager like me but a vampire. He keeps the library darkish with only the lights of candles. Just the way we both like it. Usually he's talking to me or he joins me in my daily morning/nocturnal reads but today he was super speeding around around with books in his arms.

"Good morning Shadow" I call and he turns to me at the same time tripping over a fallen book and flying across the room. I hear a loud crash and I cringe. I run over to the other side of the room to see Shadow who had landed in a pile of books. A book was open and laying on his red hair. He opens his eyes and I'm greeted with the same colors. Red and hazel. (Picture of him in the media)

"Hey Mack. You look different... did you get a hair cut?" he asked and I giggled and I extended my hand to help him up. He takes it and I help him up.

"You're an idiot you know that?" I asked him and he chuckles.

"And you're best friends with this idiot" he retorts and I nod.

"Nice look. I like not having to bend down to talk to you anymore" he said and I punched his shoulder.

"Shut up" I say and I help him pick up the books he dropped. "Why are you in such a rush anyways?" I asked and pass him the books I hand in my hands.

"Well I have a bunch of books to sort out and I didn't want to take forever so I wanted to see how fast I could do it. I was doing pretty good until you came and scared me shitless" he says and I smile.

"Your welcome and anyways I wanna help" I volunteer as I picked up another pile. He shakes his head and I follow him to a bookshelf where we sort out the books. We did that for about three hours until all the books where put away. I threw myself down on the black sofa and I sighed.

"That was so tiresome... that's why I'd rather read books instead of put them away" I state and I turn to face Shadow who decided to sit in mid air instead of taking a spot next to me or on the chair next to me.

"Let's remember you volunteered to help out. That's all on you sweet cheeks" he says and I growl at him. He throws his hands up in surrender and I stop. I think of something and I smirk.

"Aw man... that's never good" he says and I shake my head.

"No I was just thinking that you might be 479 but for a teenage vamp you're pretty lonely. I really need to find you a girlfriend" I say and he shakes his head.

"Nah... sometimes girls are so much work" he says and I give him the 'excuse you' face.

"Oh no offense- wait you don't count" he says and I look at him.

"I'm a girl you know" I point out.

"I know but your fun and easy to deal with... oh that came out wrong" He says and I nod.

"Yes it did" I say. I feel my eyelids get heavier and I let out a small yawn.

"You're tired aren't you?" he asked and my eyes snap open and I lift my head up.

"Nope never-" I start but I'm intruded by a yawn coming out. I lay my head down on the comfy pillow and I curl up into a ball like a kitten would. I look at Shadow trying my best to stay awake but in the end my eyes closed.

Shadow's POV

I knew that her helping me would bore her but not make her sleepy. I looked at her sleeping. Her white fluffy ears would flick ever so often and her tail would tap the couch softly. I felt like I was staring at her for hours when it was only a few minutes. I felt a breeze flow past and I saw her shiver slightly. I took of my black trench coat leaving me with only my black dress shirt and black jeans. I floated over to her and I laid it on her. I saw her lips curve into a small smile and she snuggled deeper into it. I teleported over to a shelf and I pulled out a spell book. I teleported back to where I was and I sat down on. the ground with my back on the edge of the couch. I opened the book and I began to read with just the sound of me occasionally fliping the pages and Mack's steady breathing.