I'm back

Mackenzie's POV

I woke up to the familiar sound of water. I look to my left to see a lake with a small river leading further into the forest. I sat up slowly wondering why I was here. That's when I remembered yesterday's events. Dad and Gwen. Both Dead. My head knew it was true but my heart hoped it was all a terrible nightmare. I looked around but I couldn't find Shadow anywhere. Did he leave me alone? He probably didn't want to babysit me. I got up still wearing yesterday's outfit and I sighed. I sat at the edge of the lake and I dipped my feet in. I watched as small fishes swam around my feet. I giggled watching them swim in circles around of me. Then I heard a rustle in the trees and I was on full alert. I heard it again and this time much louder. I turned around and saw Shadow walking out of the bushes. He sees me and smiles. "Good morning" He greets and I respond with a smile.

"So you might be wondering what I was doing and to answer your question, I was taking a walk" He states and I shake my head.

"Oh I know. You and your super early walks.... I still don't know why you want to work up so early" I say and he gives me a plain face.

"I don't need sleep remember?" He reminds me.

"Yea, of course I remember!" I exclaim and he chuckles. I looks back down at the pond to find out that the fishes have swam away. I looked up and I saw a familiar rock. I got up and I walked over it slowly.

"Mack, what are you doing?" Shadow asked. I didn't respond and I picked up the rock. On the side there where words carved into it M+LJ= Friendship. I smile at the memory of when me and Jack did this. My eyes widen when I realized something. I dropped the rock and ran over to Shadow.

"I know where we can go!" I exclaimed and I grabbed his hand and pulls him along as I ran. I keep running until I saw a familiar white outline. I smirked and kept pulling Shadow until we reached the front door. Shadow gave me a look of confusion and I smiled.

"These guys will help us" I said and I pushed open the red door hearing the familiar creepy creek. Shadow and I slowly walked in and I heard the door shut behind us. I turned around to see a black and white figure. I smiled softly and mumbled the person's name.

"Hello Jack"