Noooooo!!!

(Her outfit for the chapter above)

Mack's POV

I woke up in my room kinda confused. Didn't I fall asleep in the library? I ask myself as I get out of bed. I shrugged as I walked into the bathroom and I took a quick shower. I changed clothes and I walked out of my room. I walked into the kitchen to be greeted by the familiar smell of pancakes. I smile as Gwen looks up and she smiles back.

"Good morning sugar" she says and I smile. I remember someone use to say that in the morning to me but I don't remember who.

"Mack what's wrong?" I hear her ask and I snap out of my thinking state.

"I was just thinking... I remember someone calling me that when I was younger but... I can't seem to remember who" I say and she giggles.

"Your moma would say that to you. Every morning you would wake up with a smile and she would call you that" She said and I looked at her in confusion.

"M-my real mom?" I ask and she nods.

"What else do you know about my mom?" I asked her eagerly.

"She was a beautiful woman. She was also a kind soul. She loved you very much and she was a neko just like you" she says and I raise a brow.

"Sweetheart a neko is a mix between a human and a cat which is what you are" she explains and I nod. I hear footsteps and I see my dad walk into the kitchen.

"Mornin daddy" I greet and he smiles.

"Morning ladies" he greets back.

"Dad what do you remember about mom?" I asked him and he tensed.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well cause everyone seems to remember mom but I can't. I just want to know more about her" I state and he nods. He motions for me to follow him and I begin to before I feel a boney hand grab my wrist.

"Oh no you don't. You both aren't leaving this kitchen until you have breakfast in your bellies" Gwen says and we turn to her and nod. We eat breakfast quickly and we are off. Dad guides me to a room. It looks like mine but... bigger. He goes towards a book shelf and he pulls out book. A picture album. I open it and I skim through the photos. Most of them where of mom and dad and closer to the end it was mom and me as a baby. I stared at the last picture. It was me, mom, and dad. We where all smiling. I signed and I closed the book.

"What is it? isn't that what you where looking for?" he
asked and I nodded.

"It was in just kinda sad that I didn't get to meet her" I said and he nods.

"Don't worry you will see her one day" He says and I smile. I walk out of the room and I started my way to the library. I walked into the nest of books and I grinned. I'm finally home, I thought as I walked towards the mythical side of the library. I looked at the books on each shelf trying to find the specific book I wanted. I finally found it and I looked at the title just to make sure I didn't grab the wrong one. I felt a cold hand touch my shoulder and I shrieked in surprise at the same time dropping my book and flying six feet up into the air. I landed onto of the book shelf and I peaked down to see it was only Shadow.

"Wow did I scare you that bad?" he asked.

"No I normally jump six feet in the air when someone sneaks up on me. Its natural" I say with sarcasm dripping from my voice. He chuckles and smirks.

"You gonna need help getting down kitten?" he asked and I shook my head no.

"I've got it thank you very much" I state as I jump down to the ground landing on all fours. He chuckled and he passes me my book. I was about to say something when I heard screams. Not just regular screams. Screams of terror. We shared a look and we ran outside just to see this thing killing everyone. I stared in shock as he grabbed Gwen.

"Gwen no!!!" I yelled as I saw him crush her skull. I let out a small noise as I dropped to my knees. Shadow pulled me up as the thing turned to us. In a flash we where standing in the woods.

"W-what just h-happened?" I asked and he sighed.

"Come on we need to go" he says and he pulls me along. I suddenly remembered something and I ran out of his grasp.

"No!!! my dad! Shadow we have to go back!!!" I say as I run away from him. He pulls me into his arms and he carries me as I try my best to get away from him. Soon I'm just a crying mess in his arms.

"Don't worry I'm sure he's fine, considering your father is ruthless with certain types of people" He states trying to cheer me up. Eventually my crying stops and fall asleep in his arms as he walks.