The morning after

Light creaked through the window, right onto my face. I found myself squinting at the window and shifted a bit. I sighed. I needed the bathroom. I should open my eyes again, not shield my face away from the light. I opened my eyes and found myself staring at Evelyn. I jumped back in surprise and stumbled off the shoulder letting out an 'uff' when I contacted the floor only a second later. I grumbled to myself and slid up, staring at Evelyn. How cute.

It took me a few seconds to remember that we had moved out of the hotel and slowly made my way to the bathroom. After refreshing myself and pulling my hair into an extremely scruffy high bobble. I made my way back to the sofa and poked Evelyn.

"Wake up sleeping beauty" I said and he opened his eyes, a grumpy expression crossing his face.

"I'm not sleeping beauty" he muttered, rubbing his eyes. He glanced at me, "you on the other hand-"

"Quiet fool" I snapped before he could continue. I could already feel my face heating up.

"Oh I forgot, I am talking to Mrs-can't-take-a-compliment"

"I can take a compliment" I grumbled. "I already know I'm perfect".

"Right, beautiful" Evelyn gave a sly smile before walking out of the room.

I blinked after him, confused. What was the sly smile about? I scowled. He was probably just being stupid like always- Yes that's it. I thought making my way to the kitchen. I froze, yesterday's events tumbling into my mind. Oh. My. God. I had been a mumbling, half asleep fool! God only knew what depressing things I had told him!

I couldn't face him. Not after yester-night's (?) events. Every time I tried to ignore what had happened and forget, I remembered more, and my face turned red to match my hair.

I should just crawl into a hole and die. It would be a less painful death.

Before I could crawl into a hole and die, Evelyn walked back out. "What?" he asked, an amused glint in his eyes. He must be loving my pain.

"Nothing" I muttered, trying to face away. From him.

"Are you thinking about yesterday?" The glint in his eyes was bigger. He stood in front of me, preventing me from taking a pan out.

"I am hungry, I want breakfast, step away" I snapped.

"You mistook me for a pillow yesterday" Evelyn said, a smile spreading on his face "A very nice smelling pillow may I remind you" he added.

"Be quiet Evelyn" I wailed "I don't know what you are talking about! I don't! You must have been sleeping! No, you were dreaming! Dreaming I say!"

"Sure-" Evelyn said, finally stepping away "-Beautiful"

"EVELYN!" I nearly screeched like a banshee, feeling my face heat up yet again. "You cruel man! Be quiet, and leave! I am trying to make breakfast and- and I don't know how to get the oven to work-"

"You could use your face, I am sure it's hot enough to fry an egg on" Evelyn interrupted.

"Quiet Evelyn" I growled, turning to face him. "Yesterday- yesterday never happened" I said quietly. He merrily raised his eyebrow at me.

Throughout the course of making breakfast, I could feel Evelyn eyeing me. He had set up to fry the eggs, and I was making some sausages. In a few minutes breakfast was made. I carried the two plates loaded with fried sausages, toast and eggs with mushrooms, whilst Evelyn followed with one cup of tea and coffee. He seemed pretty offended that I liked tea.

We set down the breakfast on the table and sat down, me muttering to myself about his stupidity. But the breakfast made me happy; it was the perfect, unhealthy breakfast for a cold, wet winter day.