The note

Let’s just say I spent the rest of the day in the ‘office’, until Evelyn came back for me at the end of the day. It was about 11pm by now and I was slumped forward on the desk half dead- well half asleep. I didn’t hear him make his way towards me but after a bit I heard someone say my name. I didn’t respond, I didn’t actually think really... I was still half asleep. Another silence followed and the person shook me until I nearly fell of the chair all together. I jumped up in alarm and nearly toppled over thanks to my heels, grabbed for anything which would prevent my from falling- which ended up bein his blazer- let go in horror grabbed for the curtains and ended up pulling the curtains down with me.

Another bigger silence and a sharp intake of breath. I pulled myself out from the curtains and jumped up.

“Another thing you’ll have to fix I guess,” , I said cheerfully watching Evelyn take in the mess around me. I had tried to adjust the sofa little...I glared at the floor shoving the papers I had found in the sofa cushions into my bag scowling, he might have gotten around it today, keeping me inside and all,  but tomorrow I would... I would think of something.

I was glad to be wearing my high heels... at least the difference between us wasn’t that great. It seemed Evelyn didn’t want people to get the impression- especially his ‘workers’- that we didn’t hate each other. And it was probably also that I would’ve tried to wander around the cafe if he hadn’t quickly grabbed my arm.

Inside the car I saw the person who’d dropped my sandwich again, it’s strange, Evelyn had said the guy worked for him but his uniform was nothing like you’d see someone in a cafe work in. The guy very slowly waved back as if he’d just sentenced himself to death.

“So what did you do all ay?” I asked bluntly turning back to Evelyn who had previously been staring at his ‘worker’ with narrowed eyes. He didn’t look at me whilst he spoke just turned to the newspaper in his hands.

“Paper work.”

“Inside?” I asked raising my eyebrows at him, Evelyn turned to glare at me for a bit.

“Well where else do you do your paperwork?” He growled.

“You’ve got a leaf stuck in your hair.” I replied slowly and deliberately. Evelyn blinked, his hand went up to his head, as if he didn’t believe what I said was true- I mean which leaf would dare fall into his hair? He pushed the leaf off.

“I went out for break.” He wasn’t reading the newspaper anymore I’d realised. “

Why... where did you go?”

“None of your- just outside the cafe." His voice sounded quite irritated by now.

“I didn’t see any trees anywhere near this cafe-”

“There’s one next to the end of the road.”

“The newspaper’s from a shop far away from here-” I said testily, narrowing my eyes. My deduction skills... are just priceless. Evelyn turned to me sharply.

“What is your problem?” Without waiting for me to answer he continued in a low voice, “what I did today is none of your concern-”

“So you weren’t where you claim to be-?”

“Don’t interrupt me Hazel.” Evelyn growled, his eyes flickered towards the driver, he couldn’t raise his voice too much, I turned to stare outside the window, Evelyn’s heavy breathing turned normal and he too turned to stare outside the window.

When we got back to our suite I slid off my heels and walked into the living room thinking I’d heard Evelyn go into the bathroom. Quickly I took out the papers I had found under the cushion of the sofa.

I can tell you what your husband works as. Meet me tomorrow

That’s all it said in scruffy quick scribble. I blinked at it, maybe it was some sort of a joke, but before I could speculate, or finish reading what it said, the paper was snatched out of my hand. I blinked and tried to snatch it back.

“That’s mine!” I hissed, Evelyn just glared at me in return. His eyes skimmed through the first line, the change was so quick it was almost funny. His eyes widened a little, his cheeks reddened; his jaw became stiff and his eyes darkened.

But of course me being me I tried to snatch the paper back off of him, with a large tearing sound the paper ripped in half. Evelyn’s eyes snapped up.

“Hazel. Give It. Back.” He said through gritted teeth, his voice low. I’d never really heard him talk like that.

“What’s your problem?” I snapped, copying what he’s said earlier. Evelyn’s eyes didn’t leave the paper in my hand.

“Where did you find it?” I don’t know what made me answer, maybe the tone of his voice, the way he was towering over me... the dangerous glint in his eyes.... or maybe all them together?

“In the sofa.” I snapped and stopped, my eyes skimmed the half of the paper I had, great, it was the location of the place. Evelyn blinked, he stiffened up a little.

“Give it to me Hazel.” He said slowly, stepping forward, I blinked and stepped back. What was his problem? This was probably just a harmless joke and he was acting like someone was threatening his life.

“Fine... I’ll give it to you if I get my own room.” I wasn’t surprised to find my voice had turned into a squeak, Evelyn nodded and held out his hand. I stared at the paper in my hand... this seemed important to him

I handed him the paper, Evelyn took it and blinked.

“There’s nothing on here.” He said slowly. He took out the other paper and blinked. That was apparently blank as well. I didn’t wait to find out. I had done my part of the deal... now I really needed the toilet.

I stayed in the bathroom for a good ten minutes and when I came out Evelyn was waiting for me near the door.

“What did it say?” I glanced at him, I was curious now.

“I want to know you know...” I paused. “I didn’t read what it said.” I said finally shrugging. Evelyn blinked at me. He seemed to know I was lying.

“You actually intent to- you actually think you’ll go there?” He yelled suddenly, I jumped a little. Ok... that was a surprise.

“No.” I stuttered and glanced around.

“Fine- I’ll I’ll tell you alright?” I quickly scribbled down the address and stepped away. Evelyn grabbed the paper off of me blocking the doorway; it seemed he wouldn’t let me go until he was satisfied with the address. His eyes flickered over to me he pointed at the sofa in the corner of the bedroom.

“You can sleep there.”

“Oh... I don’t think you understood I meant room...” I laughed a little nervous now; this wasn’t how I’d imagined today to be. Evelyn apparently decided it was best for him to ignore me. I quickly took my pillow to the living room and slid onto the sofa. Evelyn didn’t follow me straight away; instead he just walked into the living room about twenty minutes later still speaking in a low voice on the phone. He sat down slowly u-on the armchair pinning me down with his stare.

I don’t know how on earth I fell asleep but I did...even with him staring at me as if i would vanish from under his evil glare,

So I know this update is much much smaller but I didn't want to leave you hanging... but i guess i did now hah. I guess Hazel got her way, (since i thoght she sould try to stand up for herself a little more)

Hopefully chapters after this will be longer. We're celabrating Eid today so Eid mubarak! Even though my twin is feeling rather sick do... not the best Eid. 

So, what do y'all think Evelyn works as???

And no, he's not a business man...