Going out

(Evelyn’s point of view)

I woke up, the curtains were slightly open allowing some light to come through. I sat up, rubbing my temple and glanced around, it seemed as if my wife had gotten up already, when I came back from the bathroom and quickly pulled on a shirt before walking to the living room.

Hannah...was that her name? Sat on the sofa, sipping a cup of coffee whilst one hand reached for the crip packet which I could see were empty. She blinked, looking pretty confused before shaking the packet.

“They’re finished” I said bluntly, she acknowledged my comment by looking up then turned back to the TV, taking a sip of her coffee.

I wavered around for a while wondering if I should sit down on the sofa, no, I should just go.

I walked back out of the room, feeling her eyes turn back to me, I wondered what she would be thinking. I swung my jacket on and heard someone shuffle towards me.

“Where are you going?” Holly asked,

“Out” I replied.

“Yes, well where out?” she asked, getting frustrated

“Out none of your business” I said not bothering to turn around “since when were you appointed to the role of my mother?”

She didn’t reply and walked out which annoyed me, I decided to ignore it and walked out, slamming the door shut behind me.

A few hours later, I was walking back up the stair, I glanced at my watch, hmm, it was nearly 12 o clock, when I had come back yesterday, Hannah had been watching a scary movie, I wondered what she would be watching today.

I unlocked the door, hanging my jacket on the hook and walked to the living room, she wasn’t there, for once she must be having a bath or something.

I walked to our bedroom and pulled my shirt off, pulling a t shirt on instead, the lights were already closed and I could hear the rain hammering on the window outside. I turned to the bed and stopped, she was sleeping on the bed.

I wasn’t much in the mood of sleeping on the floor, anyway, she was my wife so I was allowed to sleep on the bed, I paused for a minute before shrugging to myself and getting slowly onto the bed. Holly frowned, I laid down careful not to wake her up. I knew she’d push me off or something.

The moon light was shining on her face, her eyes flickered and she moved her head into the pillow. Her auburn hair was laying all around her, sprawled on her pillow, it was extremely long as far as I could tell.

I remembered our first meeting, she was quiet different to what I thought she would be like, first of all, she liked coffee, and she didn’t seem to like dresses or tight dressing, neither did she like tight buns or makeup.

Yes, she was very different, but I had to admit, she was attractive, her eyelashes were naturally long and her skin was pale, and...my eyes travelled lower down her face. I looked away quickly then scowled to myself. She was my wife for heaven’s sake! Sure...I got confused by her name but...

Holly- or Hannah’s, eyes flickered open and she stopped, her eyes widening.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” she yelled trying to push me off. Her push was pathetic and flimsy, frustration flashed on her face and her cheeks turned red, it was pretty amusing.

“Get off” she growled, her voice low. I raised my eyebrow. She had sat up, wrapping the duvet around herself. I knew why, she didn’t want me to see her arms, the idea annoyed me, after all I was her husband.

“I am your husband Hannah” I said “we are allowed to sleep on the same bed and I don’t want to sleep on the floor” I shrugged.

She blinked, and her face reddened “Hannah?” she asked slowly. I stared at her. Maybe it was Holly after all...