Getting Answers- Pt 1

The next morning I awoke and decided to ignore the fact that we had done some a little too couplishlyintimate for me. I realised one of his arms were still thrown over me, a few days ago I would have ran off the second we had gotten this close but at this moment I decided to pretend we didn't have a strange relationship.

Evelyn seemed to be asleep and I took the time to examine his face for a while, (indeed he was an extremely pretty specimen), trying to ignore how creepy it was for me to stare at him whilst he was sleeping. As if realising he was being stared at Evelyn woke up, he raised his eyebrow a little at me. I let out an enormous yawn.

"Oh you're awake!" I said cheerfully, partly covering my face to protect him from my morning breath. I jumped out of bed and scuttled away into the bathroom wondering what on earth was happening to me. I was getting these little jittery feeling, kind of like when I first saw a doughnut after being deprived from one for a week or two at least.

I decided to act as neutral as possible when I walked back out and headed for the kitchen. Calm down Hazel, you don't want to jump into something like this right now. The clever part of me scolded inwardly. A few minutes passed and Evelyn walked back into the kitchen rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, his phone in his other hand, apparently he'd been talking to someone again. "I've got work to do today so I'll be going early." He muttered reaching out for the cup of coffee I had so nicely made him. I nodded quickly.

"Right, yeah I have work to do anyway soo..." I nodded casually wondering if I was acting to casual.

"Oh really, what're you making?" Evelyn asked curiously leaning over the counters, levelling his eyes with mine, I leaned back taking a few moments to answer his question.

"Ah... well I never said I would make anything but... yeah I guess I will- not that I wasn't going to anyway but..." I shrugged again, so very casual Hazel, I congratulate thou... my inner self said sarcastically, I managed to keep a sticky smile on my face. Evelyn didn't comment but his eyebrow raised a little, a small almost amused look covered his face.

"Don't you ever get tired of doing that, you know raising your eyebrow?" I scowled turning away to hide a little blush covering my face.

"Nope." From the corner of my eyes I watched Evelyn straightening out and drinking the last remainders of his coffee.

"Have you got any big projects going on then?" Evelyn asked placing his cup in the sink. I nodded slowly, wondering if I could tell him.

"I mean... I guess, but I don't really go around showing it to everyone." I shrugged. "I mean it's not even made..."

"You won't even show me?" Evelyn asked , putting up an offended look. "Your own husband? That hurts Hazel, it really does." He shook his head slowly, placing a hand on his chest. "It hurts me right here."

"Hah, yeah, says the guy who can't as much as tell me, his amazing...wife... what he works as." I couldn't keep the grin off of my face. Evelyn sighed.

"Please don't start about that, it's too early."

"Still think you're a ballerina." I muttered, Evelyn looked distraught at that idea. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about Evelyn!" I said reassuringly. Evelyn shot me a look.

"Right," he sighed. "So this big project you're going on about, where exactly is it? Do you have it?" He asked, curiosity gleaming in his eyes. I hesitated a little, not sure as to where these questions were coming from.

"Well..." Evelyn seemed to sense my hesitance.

"You know what, it doesn't matter, keep hurting me like this." He sighed shaking his head, I smiled ruefully at him.