Stay

Hi ye all.

Sup. It hasn't been a year as far I know so huzzah! Thank you for all of your comments and votes and even views! You don't know how much we appreciate it haha, I hope you enjoy this chapter by the way tell us what you think :D I think the song Stay by Rhianna suits this a lot so yup.... also I prefer this cover so I hope you like it:)

Hazel's POV

I didn't know how I made it.

After about ten minutes of driving I had skidded the car to a halt and turned to the almost dead Evelyn. Without thinking I'd unbuttoned the bottom of his shirt. There was a lot of blood, i couldn't see anything but blood- but it didn't look as bad as I had feared.

The bullet hadn't entered his body, there was a 4 inch gash from abdomen to the right side of his waist. But the gash was deep enough for there to be a problem. Muttering frantically to myself I had grabbed a random shirt of Evelyn's suitcase and pressed on the wound. I tried to ignore his hiss of pain. Evelyn's breath was already laboured as it was, I didn't know how long we'd be able to make it.

Whilst I applied pressure to the wound with one hand I looked around for bandages or any cloth I could fashion a bandage out of.

"The compartment-" Evelyn gasped a little, "behind the wheel."

"Who keeps bandages in the car?" I murmured to myself panicking. "Oh right of course, secret agent people who work for the government and get freaking shot and pretend to be married-." At that point I was muttering more to myself than anything else.

"Typical Hazel." Evelyn laughed a pained laugh. "I'm dying here and you're still grilling me over that." I stayed silent for a bit.

"Shut up you idiot." I snapped trying to keep my voice from shaking. I took in a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. "It's going to sting." I held up the antibiotics, Evelyn didn't respond. I pored half of the contents on his wound. Evelyn hissed in pain again and muttered a few curse words under his breath. I continued tying the bandage around him as fast as I could and tight enough.

At that point I didn't care how close we were. All I knew was his face was much paler than it should have been, his eyes were squeezed shut and the breath fanning my face was becoming more and more laboured by the minute.

I managed to secure the bandages and reached into the back seat for Evelyn's jacket and mine. After draping both jackets around him I leaned back to examine him. He seemed strangely quiet. I leaned forward and pressed my finger on his neck where his pulse should have been. "I'm alive honey don't celebrate just yet." Evelyn whispered. If I hadn't leaned forward I would have been unable to hear him. My eyes flickered to his. His silver eyes were half open, observing me. I clamped my mouth shut and stared at him.

"Remind me why we can't go to the police again?"

"Don't know who to trust." Evelyn closed his eyes again and clenched his teeth. "The address..."

"Right right it' s in the GP." I turned back to the steering wheel wiping my hands on Evelyn's already bloodied shirt. "It's already got blood on it." I muttered to myself. Taking another deep breath to steady myself I turned back and stared ahead at road. The sky was darkening, a few snowflakes drifted down.

"Okay let's do this."

That drive was one of the longest drives I had been in. Every few minutes my eyes would flicker back to Evelyn's still form, my heart would jump a little and I would demand he say something. His reply usually consisted of mumbles of "I'm fine...".

At one point Evelyn didn't reply, and only after screeching to a halt and patting his face a little did I realise he was asleep. That was until I shook him a little causing his eyes to flicker open. He peered at me for a while before closing his eyes again.