Chapter 19

~3rd Period~

"Okay class, today you will be turning to page 432 in your math book and you will finish all 23 problems using the Pythagorean theorem along with substitution." Erwin wrote the instructions on the board. "Make sure you write down all the questions and show your work. This will be on your test for Wednesday."

'This is just shit.' Eren opened up his math book. 'I don't even understand how to use the Pythagorean theorem.' He grabbed his journal and opened it to a clean page.

"I want this done by the end of the class and if it's not done, you have detention with me."

'Fuck.' Eren wrote down the first problem and put the formula a2 +b2 = c2. 'Now what do I after that?'

~47 minutes later~

"Okay class, put away your text books and I will walking around to see your work." Erwin got up from his chair and walked down the first row.

"Finally done." Armin closed his text book and put it back under his desk. "Did you finish Eren?"

Eren lifted up his head from the paper. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Oh, yeah I finished like 17 minutes ago." He put away his text book.

"Really? I didn't think you will finish it." Armin put his pens away.

"I didn't either because I don't get the substitute of the Pythagorean theorem. I just know that it has something to do with the relationship between the legs." Eren kept his notebook open.

Armin took a look at Eren's answers and noticed a pattern. "Um Eren, did you guess on the problems?"

"Why do you ask?" Eren sat up.

"Well all your answers are basically six." Armin pointed at the answers. "And you got at least 3 out of 23 right."

"So.. did I pass?" Eren asked.

Armin shook his head. "You have to pay more attention."

"Pfff. It's not like he's going to check my answers. I showed a lot of work then put my answer." Eren saw Erwin talking to Annie.

"Actually he is because this is to prepare us for the test on Wednesday since we don't have school tomorrow because it's a holiday." Armin grabbed his backpack. "So we have to use this to study."

Erwin looked through Armin's answers. "You did good, just fix problem 14 and its a hundred percent." He then moved to Eren's journal and looked through his answers.

'Levi told me to stay away from Erwin so if I get detention I'll be alone with him and that isn't good.'

"Armin you will be helping Eren with these problems on the holiday because I cant give detention since he clearly doesn't listen to me." Erwin walked back to his chair and bell rang a few seconds later.

'That was close.' Eren put away his journal and grabbed his backpack. "Welp, next is Art."

"I know and then it's lunch with Mikasa." Armin strapped on his backpack.

"About that." Eren opened the door letting Armin to step out first. "I can't eat lunch with you and Mikasa. I want to be alone in the field for a while."

"So you're not going to eat lunch?" Armin asked.

"No. I'll just eat at home I guess." Eren shrugged.

"But not eating isn't good for your health."

"I'm only eating at home because the food here taste like shit and I don't see why you care. I thought you already knew I don't eat the lunch here." The bell rang and Eren walked in Art Class leaving the door open. "Come on."

Armin walked in and sat down next to his partner, Jean.

Eren sat down next to Mikasa and pulled out his color pencils.

'I need to let Armin down.'