Chapter 26

"Armin!" Eren saw Armin leaning against the jumper. "Armin!"

"Huh?" Armin turned to his side and saw Eren running his way. "Hey, I was about to send you a text."

"Yeah I know but I really need to tell you something." Eren tried to control his breath.

"I know but tell me when we look at the fireworks." Armin grabbed Eren's hand and started running down the street.

"Armin wait!" Eren stopped himself. "Stop trying to run away from the truth."

"What do you mean?" Armin asked.

"Armin, just listen to me. Mikasa told me what you were planning on doing but don't get mad at her. I knew you would have done something like this, that's why I can to fair so I can tell you the truth that you have been avoiding." Eren looked straight at Armin. "Please, just listen to me."

Armin sighed and walked a little closer to Eren. "I'll listen this time."

Eren placed his arm on Armin's shoulder. "Listen, you've been my closest friend since we were little. We shared laughs, smiles, and good memories together. You always had my back and stayed by me when I was an asshole. I can see why you have feelings for me but I don't feel the same way. I'm sorry but I needed you to know the truth."

Armin stayed quiet not knowing what to say.

"Sorry Armin." Eren gave him a hug. "We'll still be best friends." He pulled away slowly.

"Yeah." Armin gave him a weak smile. "I'm going to catch up with Mikasa, she's already for me." Armin ran down the street passing the booths that were being put away.

"I hope Armin will be okay." Eren went running back to Levi.

"What is taking that brat so long?" Levi looked at his phone. "Doesn't he know the fireworks start in 5 minutes." He sighed. "I guess I'll wait for him on the roof.

"Levi!" Eren ran behind him and hugged him tightly. "You jackass, you were going to leave me on the streets."

"You took to long so I was going to wait for you on the roof." Levi pulled away from Eren.

"Yeah sorry, I didn't think it will take that all." Eren stood besides Levi.

"Its fine brat, let's just go on the roof so we can enjoy the fireworks." Levi walked down an alley and saw a ladder hanging. "Come on."

"Why do we need to be on the roof to watch it?" Eren asked as he climbed the ladder.

"Its a better view and I have something for you." Levi sat on the roof and extended his hand to help Eren up.

"You did?" Eren finally got up and sat next to him. "What is it?"

"I'll give it to you when the fireworks start." Levi pulled Eren a bit closer. "It'll start in five minutes so you can wait."

Eren placed his head on Levi's shoulder and looked up at the sky. 'So this is how it feels.. to be close to him.'