Chapter 29

"You still haven't told him?" Hanji asked.

"How can I tell him? I'm only going to break his heart." Levi looked down at the picture.

"But if you don't tell him, he's only going to wonder where you gone to." Hanji took off her glasses and cleaned them.

"I know, but I don't want to hurt the brat anymore.."

~Last Day Of School~

All the students went to their regular class and sat down in their seats. Eren walked in with Armin and didn't see Levi. 'He isn't here? He's always here early.' Eren made his way to his seat and saw Ms. Hanji enter the room.

"Good Morning students! Sorry that Mr. Ackerman isn't here, he went to settle a few things so I'm afraid he won't be here. For today you will only have 3 classes and they will be outside." She pointed to the door. "Now get moving!"

Everyone got out of their seats and went to the door.

'Levi isn't here? I'm starting to worry about him. He didn't tell me he wasn't going to be here.' Eren felt his chest ach. 'Why am I getting a bad feeling he isnt here anymore..'

The rest of the day all the students socialized and played sports. Eren walked the track with Mikasa and Armin for two periods.

"Well, we only have one class left and we can finally leave." Mikasa started jogging.

"Yup but first we have breakfast." Armin ran up to Mikasa. "Are you going to hang out with us Eren?"

Eren stared at the tree where he first wanted to kiss Levi. 'Where could he be? If he wasn't going to be here, why didn't he tell me?' Eren shook his head and ran up to Armin and Mikasa. "I can hang out with guys." He smiled.

"Yay!" They gave Eren a warm hug. "Lets go! The bell rings in two." They ran together back to the other students.

'Levi..'

~~~

Breakfast was only 10 minutes long which didn't give them so much time to chat. Eren sat next to Mikasa and laughed when Armin spilled his milk.

"H-hey!" Armin grabbed a couple of napkins to clean the milk he spilled.

Mikasa helped him and so did Eren.

"Be more careful Armin." Eren threw the napkins they used in the trashcan and walked down the stairs.

"Yeah I know but let's just hurry and get to the field." Armin sighed. "I just want to leave already."

"Me too." Mikasa ran up a head. "Beat you there!"

Armin ran after her trying to beat her.

"H-hey! Wait up!" Before Eren ran to them.

"Eren." Hanji called.

Eren stopped and looked back to see Hanji a bit sad. "Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?" Hanji's voice didn't sound as happy as it was this morning.

"Sure." Eren walked up to Hanji and made their way to Levi's science class.

Hanji opened the door and let Eren in first. "Please sit down."

Eren grabbed a chair, pulling it up to the desk and sat down.

"Eren, I don't know how to tell you this." Hanji sat down pulled out an envelope out of her jacket and placed it on the desk.

"What do you mean Ms. Hanji?" Eren stared at the letter.

"Levi, he took a plane to Florida this morning and he won't be coming back to teach here."

Eren froze feeling tears fill his eyes. "No, please this can't be true." He covered his mouth.

"I'm sorry. He only wanted me to give you this letter."

Eren nearly broke into tears hearing Hanji's words.

'Levi..' Tears stroke down his cheek. 'Why..? Why didn't you tell me..? Levi..'