Chapter 30

Hanji stood up from her chair. "Levi wanted you to read this letter with no one around." She made her way to the door. "You can stay here all period because I know this is hard for you." With that, she left.

Eren picked up the envelope, opening it and read.

Dear Eren,
I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving but I didn't want to hurt you anymore then I already have. I wanted to see yes, very much but I had to go visit an old friend of mine in Florida who had gone ill. I won't be back for a while so I want you to know that I love you. You always were a special brat to me and I want you to know that I'll always keep you in my heart and I won't find anyone else. I promise you this, I will come back as soon as possible so please, if you can, wait for me but if you dont.. I understand. Again, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving, I'll make it up to you when I come back.

Sincerely,
Levi Ackerman

P.S. Remeber, keep that picture of us.

Eren put the letter on his lap and continued to cry. 'Levi..I wish you told me first. I feel.. lost without you..' He placed his head on the desk. 'Levi..' More tears rolled down his cheek. 'How long do I have to wait for you? Why do I have to wait..?' Eren stayed in the classroom until the finally bell rang which means summer started.

~5:45pm~ 8 hours since school ended~

"Eren?" Hanji entered the room to see Eren's head on the desk with his eyes swollen. "Eren?"

"I want to be left alone." Eren said in a weak voice.

"I know but everyone has gone home already and you should too." Hanji picked him up and placed the letter back in its envelope. "I'll drive you."

Eren gave her a small nod and closed his eyes.

'I know you'll be okay Eren.' Hanji went to her car and put Eren in the back. 'Levi will come back.'

Hanji started her car and drove Eren back to his place.