Sugar We're Going Down Swinging

Andy's P.O.V

I felt tiny little paws on my face and scrunched up my nose. A smile appeared on my lips as I opened my eyes to see the cute culprit. Crow stared back at me with his adorable little eyes.

"What are you doing on daddy's face?" I whispered.

The digital clock on my nightstand flashed a big eleven. I'd overslept, but it's not like I had somewhere to go today so I just smiled into my pillow. Crow jumped down from my face as I turned around and landed on the other side of the bed.

I felt sleep creeping back on me but I shook it off at once and sat up on the bed. I wasn't going to waste today. I had mom's dinner at around six so I had the whole morning to myself.

I knew I had to study for my exam on monday but I had always been a procrastinator so that was going to wait till sunday. So studying wasn't going to happen today.

I shook my head to get the sleep out of my eyes and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I wasn't very hungry so I took the box of cereal from the cupboard and poured some into a bowl.

I looked around the apartment and noticed how empty it was. I mean not furniture wise, but I was the only person in here. I was the only thing in here with a breathing, working mind.

My mom had suggested I get a roommate when I moved out of the house but I just stared at her. A roommate? Please mom I didn't have friends, except for Chance and he had moved away to California. I didn't consider myself living alone though. I had Crow and we lived happy together.

Plus I wasn't very good at socializing so it didn't bother me at all.

I shot a "stay there" look at Crow as I threw the bowl and spoon in the sink and headed to the bathroom for a shower. I had no idea what I was going to do today but I didn't feel like sitting in the apartment all day, so after I took a shower I went into my room to get dressed.

I picked out a black leather jacket, a black band shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of black combat boots. I put on the clothes and played around with my hair in the bathroom.

Slipping on a cross necklace and a couple of rings I said goodbye to Crow and made sure I had my phone, keys, and wallet with me. I left the building and got inside my truck.

I sat there for a moment deciding on where to go, then I settled for the park. I had literally nowhere to go. I mean I wasn't in the mood for a place full of people and I knew this one park that was always quiet so I made my way there.

I picked out a different album this time, "And Out Come The Wolves" by Rancid, and jammed to it as I drove off.

I didn't know what I was going to do at the park alone. I'll probably just smoke a cigarette or two and then if there are no kids around for me to scare, I'll use the swings. I don't mean I like scaring children, it's just that my tattoos and black apparel don't seem to be kid or mom friendly.

I apparently look like the pumpkin king. Not an insult, if you ask me but other's don't seem to agree.

When I got to the park, I parked my car in the parking lot and got out. I reached into my jacket pocket and retrieved my lighter and pack of cigarettes. I lit one and started walking down the path.

Like always, Wilson Park was empty and that's exactly why I liked coming here. There were no people to bother you or anything. It's not like I hated people, I just prefered being alone.

I should've brought Crow with me. I could've started a new trend and walked my cat. But, no I guess. He was probably playing around with his toys in the living room.

It was kind of chilly out so I hugged my jacket tighter to my body in an effort to keep warm. There seemed to be nobody here so I made my way to the playground.

As I suspected, it was empty, so I sat on a swing and gave it a go. Childish? Maybe, but growing up was just an illusion. Why do you have to change when you grow older? Why can't you have fun like you used to? I honestly see no reason.

The air that was rushing past me put my cigarette out so I spit it out and kept swinging. You see when the park is full, I can't do this. All of those moms look weird at me. Like I'm contagious or something. But being myself is not a disease.

People made it seem that way though. It was like if you were even a wee bit different you were sick, like you didn't deserve to be a part of society. Whether it be because of the way you dressed, the music you listened to, the color of your skin, where you were from, or your sexuality, people still judged you.

If you were white, straight, from a first world country, and you followed today's hits in music and fashion, you were good to go. But just listen to an underground band and you're not allowed to be a part of the cool kids.

It's not like I cared. With time you learn that being different is okay and that these superficial things like friends and popularity, don't matter.

I lived perfectly happy the way I was. I didn't wear colors because I felt comfortable wearing black clothes and I listened to rock and roll because it made me happy. It wasn't because I was sad, depressed or suicidal. It was because I liked it. It was not a disease or a disorder. It's just who I am.

And I'm not changing for anyone.

A/N:
I have Sugar We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy stuck in my head. Please vote and comment. ._. °-° .-.