Picking Up A Flight

Ashley's P.O.V

"Okay, thanks. Alright, bye." I pressed the little red phone and threw my cell on the couch next to me.

One week it was. I had just talked to the airlines and I was leaving for Ohio in one week. I was going to have to call my dad to tell him my arrival date but I wasn't up for it just yet.

To say the truth, I was kind of nervous for the trip. I was going to be living with dad and his new wife and I wasn't really fond of dad's choice in women.

After mom left us he had been pretty okay with it. Or so that's what he wanted us to think. He got girl after girl, all of them weren't worth it. Sluts.

I guess that's where I got it from. I'm not saying I use women like toys but I don't know how to keep a relationship going for long. I get a girlfriend, two weeks pass and I start getting bored.

Either way, he looked pretty happy with his new wife and he had actually gotten married this time so that must be a good sign, right? Her name's Amy I think, and she has a son.

I think his name is Andrew or something. I was kind of excited about that to be honest. I've always wanted a sibling, especially a younger one and this kid's 24. I hope he doesn't think I'm too old for us to become friends.

He's probably a cool guy though. Like one of those guys who looks at you like he doesn't need you. Dad talks about him a lot too. He goes on about how good of a kid he is to both him and his mom.

He's in college I think, I'm not sure. But I don't know what he's studying. Doctor maybe, he sounds so cliche. He'll probably think I'm weird. Some Californian dude who listens to creepy bands like Motley Crue and Kiss... and country to top it all off.

Whatever.

What do I care if this Andrew kid likes me or not? I can make friends in Ohio, maybe even a girlfriend if I try. I don't need a stepbrother. I've been alright just living like I am for so long, I don't think he'll make such a big difference in my life anyway.

I sighed outloud to myself and stood up from the couch I was laying in. Ashley Purdy, stop fucking worrying about all of this crap. You legit over think everything.

I caught my reflextion on the bathroom mirror as I past by and stuck my tongue out. I was sort of hungry this morning so I took out a box of cereal from the cupboard and poured myself some.

This was going to be a long busy week.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Andy's P.O.V

"Crow get off of daddy's lap. Daddy needs to study," I whispered close to Crow's ear, motioning for him to climb off.

He jumped off with a small leap and landed on his fluffy cat bed. I smiled down at him and he stared back blankly. If only Crow could talk my life would be slightly better.

I stared back down at my textbook and squinted at the small black letters. This week was the last week of school for this year. It's just final after final after final. Tomorrow I had two and I had always been a professional procrastinator.

I've had a total of three cups of coffee in less than two hours and I'm starting to see floating colors, I swear.

It's about five in the afternoon and I've been studying for about two hours now. My goal is to go on until at least nine in the afternoon because I do have to wake up early tomorrow morning.

School starts at 7:30 am and I have two exams per day. I don't want to stay up too late because that will only make me fall alseep during the exam and I don't need that. I really don't need that.

I'm fucking paying for these classes and failing would be the worst. Money going down the drain is never good.

I sipped from my coffee and wrote down another note. I read them all again and tried as hard as I could to absorb all of the contents. Memorization was the key for success on these kinds of exams.

This was going to be a long busy week.

A/N:
Kind of a filler chapter. Some of Ashley's P.O.V in there too. Keep smiling. :) Comment and Vote pwease. ~*_*~