*Staring Contest*

Andy's P.O.V

"And here is yours!" The salesman exclaimed handing me my drink. I smiled at him and gave him the money for both the Cokes.

"Have a nice day!"

Mom and I turned around with a smile and went in search for our seats. The Paul Brown stadium was huge, seats were sometime really hard to find, but we had experience.

After about five minutes we found our seats and sat down with our drinks in hand. We still had ten minutes left before the game started. It was Bengals vs. Steelers.

Mom and I had our jerseys on and we were ready to go. We were both very vocal, if that's how you call it, when it came to sports games. We screamed as if the players could really hear us all the way down from the field.

"I'm glad you decided to come with me Ands." Mom said taking a sip of her soda. A smile was evident on her face as she gazed at me through her sunglasses.

"So am I. It's been a while since we came out to watch a game."

"About 12 years." Mom said, thinking back to the time when dad had died.

"Wow."

12 years? It's been over a decade since mom and I have come out and had fun together at a sports game. It seems like forever. I can't even remember the last time we all came to support our favorite team.

There was an empty feeling in my chest that I was trying to ignore. It was like a gaping hole where my heart was. There was a seat open next to mine. Not because it was planned, just mere coincidence.

I found myself staring at it every so often, not meaning to visualize dad sitting there with us. His familiar smile, the way he cheered during games and his eyes lit up when a touchdown was scored.

I just couldn't help but think about him.

My mom's hand creeped over to mine and held it tight, giving it a light squeeze. I turned to look at her and was greeted by a smile.

"He's okay."

I smile wavered. "But he's not here."

She took a deep breath. "I know Andy, I know. But don't let it get you down. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to live like this Ands."

"But-"

"Chris would've wanted you to be happy." She whispered.

"And I am. Trust me mom, I'm happy." My thoughts wandered towards the kisses Ashley and I had shared and the many times mom had smiled with Roger. Life was good. "I just miss him. I wish he was here to share the memories with us."

Her smile softened as she gave my hand another squeeze. "I miss him too Ands. From the bottom of my heart, I miss him so much. But I'm sure he's watching over us, sharing every moment."

We share a smile before the announcer's voice came in through the speakers system and we sat straight in our seats, awaiting the players to come on field.

Ashley's P.O.V

"I've listened to preachers, I've listened to fools! I've watched all the dropouts who make their own rules!" Dad and I sang in unison to Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train.

So far the trip to dad's fishing spot wasnt as awkward as I had anticipated. Dad had brought along his record collection and so far we had been listening to Ozzy Osbourne the entire way.

"It's only thirty minutes away from here." Dad announced. "Are you okay there?"

"I'm fucking great dad, thanks." I smiled.