Brandon Prust

It was a beautiful July summer day, and you and Brandon were sitting inside waiting to go out for dinner somewhere in downtown Montreal. Brandon's phone started to ring, and he wasn't in the room. On the screen it read, 'Marc Bergevin' and you had a feeling in your  stomach that it wasn't going to be good. You know that getting a call from a GM during the summer isn't always a good thing. 

"Hey Brandon, where are you?" you asked call throughout the apartment.

"In the bedroom." he said.

"It's Bergevin." you said.

Brandon didn't say anything. He took the phone from you, and walked out the door of the apartment.

He didn't come back for a good ten or fifteen minutes. When he did he looked shattered.

"Babe what's wrong? Why was Marc calling you?" you asked.

"Please sit down Angie." he said very seriously.

"Just spit it out already." you said already knowing what the issue was, but you needed to hear it from Brandon.

"I've been traded." he said. 

"Brandon I'm so sorry." you said.

Reality finally hit, and you started to cry.

"Where?" you asked.

"To Vancouver." was all he said starring off into space.

Both of you were at a loss for words. Not long after the NHL Game Center app finally made the announcement. Almost instantly both your phone and Brandon's phone went crazy. There were a bunch of text messages from the other girlfriends and wives from the Habs, and on other teams. Brandon couldn't even look at his phone. His messages were all from his family, friends, and teammates. 

"Angie I want you to know that  even though I've been traded this doesn't change our relationship. You will stay here with your job, and I will go to Vancouver. But you should start looking for jobs out there. Until then I want you to keep your job here." Brandon explained.

"Brandon, I don't care if it's my dream job. I want to be with you." you sobbed, now you look like a mess.

"Hey, hey it's going to be alright." he said taking you into his arms trying to console you.

"I should probably be the one trying to console you." you laughed. "I'm not the one being traded.

"You're probably right, but right now this doesn't just affect me it's affecting you too. I love too much not to try, and make this work. We have done this before, and we can get through anything." he said.

"I love you Brandon, where ever you will be." you said.

"I love you too Angie."