=^.^= Chapter 7 =^.^=

Harry walks through his front door to the smell of cookies.

"I'm home." He calls as he makes his way to the kitchen. He looks at the heart and star shaped cookies on the table. Then an overly excited Louis is rushing toward him. Louis wraps his arms around Harry, encasing his arms, not letting Harry return the gesture.

"Louis and Zayn make cookies." He crows. He pulls away to stand closer to the cookies. He points to a few heart shaped cookies with messy writing. "These Harry's." He picks up the plate and thrusts it toward Harry. Harry picks up the cookie with the 'H' written on it. He bites it and nods his head in approval.

"These are delicious." He states after he swallows the bite. Louis beams.

"I made them." Zayn says as he walks into the kitchen. "Louis helped decorate." Harry turns toward Louis and pets his hair.

"You did really good Louis." He says truthfully. He takes another bite, while Louis sets the remaining cookies back on the table. Louis says he wants to finish watching the movie playing in the lounge, so he snatches another cookie up before rushing out again. Harry giggles at his cuteness. He turns back to Zayn. "So how'd it go?" He asks as he finishes his cookie.

"It went better than I expected. I showed him how to frost, it was real bonding experience." Harry laughs. "But seriously, where did he come from. I don't mean to be nosy, I'm just curious." Harry sighs, knowing this conversation was coming.

"He was the boy I called you about." Zayn sits at the table, waiting for Harry to continue. "I made him pancakes, gave him milk, and he eventually came inside. He spent most of that day sleeping, but when he was awake and we were eating dinner, I noticed the ears. I tried not to freak out, but I mean come on it's not every day you see hybrids." Zayn affirms the statement, knowing that hybrids were meant or the higher class people of the city. "I told him he could stay, so now here we are." Harry ends.

"So are you just going to let him stay here forever?" Zayn questions. Harry shakes his head remembering what Louis said about Liam.

"Not technically. Louis mentioned something about this other hybrid, Liam. He only agreed to stay because he thinks this guy will be coming back for him." He whispers, hoping Louis doesn't hear and leave. He really does care for that boy.

"But isn't that lying." Zayn scolds.

"Yeah a bit, but hey he could come for him. Zayn I couldn't just leave him out there. I had to make him stay somehow." Zayn sighs. He knows that Harry can be too kind for his own good. But he still has his doubts about Louis.

"Are you sure, he's really free. He could be lying. Maybe he's actually running." Harry had considered that at first, but after a lot of thought he came to the conclusion that if he was running, he probably wouldn't have stayed with him. Plus, Louis isn't exactly the most capable of doing things on his own. He figures that what Louis said is true, and he tells Zayn that. "I hope you're right Styles. I don't want you getting into trouble because of him.

"I won't. He's okay." Harry promises. He checks the time and finds it's nearing four. "You want to stay for dinner?" He asks, steering back from the Louis conversation.

=O=o=O=

Zayn accepted his offer and now they all sit at the table. Harry had to bring his desk chair out to accommodate an extra person, but he didn't mind. They ate burritos, while Zayn and Harry did most of the taking. Louis sat there silently, eating his food and listening to the two friends chat about Harry's day. Eventually they drag Louis into the conversation, trying to find out more about him.

"So Louis, do you know how old you are?" Zayn asked when there was a lull in the conversation.

"18." Louis whispers.

"Wow, you're barely an adult." Zayn states.

"How long have you been part cat?" Harry asks, intrigued to find out more about Louis as well.

"Five years." Louis says taking another bite from his burrito.

"So you weren't born a hybrid?" Harry pressed. The few things he know about hybrids were that they can be created or born. Hybrids have been among humans for more than thirty years now, but he still has yet to know everything about them.

"No created, like Liam." And there's that Liam character again.

"Who exactly is Liam?" Zayn probes.

"Liam Louis' best friend. Liam only person nice to Louis. Louis different than other hybrids. Louis learn slower. Liam did not mind. Liam friend Louis still." Zayn and Harry took in the new information. Harry was honesty shocked. He hadn't realize hybrids were smarter than meets the eye. He didn't want to judge a book by its cover, but by the way Louis acted, he figured they were all this way. Zayn was also shocked. He like most, had no clue that hybrids were even allowed to be friends. He imagined them all stuck in cages, separated from each other. He really needs to stop making so many terrible assumptions.

"So what exactly happened when Liam disappeared?" Harry asked.

"Liam say he go find food. Told Louis that would not be gone for long. Never come back. Louis fell asleep. Man yelling woke Louis up. Louis yell for Liam, but never come." Louis whimpered. His eyes were watery and Harry scooted his seat closer, pulling Louis to him.

"It's ok Louis. I'm sorry I asked. I'm sure he'll come back. In the meantime I'm here for you." Louis sniffled, cuddling into Harry's chest. He liked when Harry hugged him. Zayn gave him a disapproving look, knowing that Harry was giving the boy lost hope. He also knew that Harry wanted to keep him safe.

"I'm sure he's already making his way to you as we speak." Zayn concludes. Harry pulls away enough to eat, keeping an arm around Louis as they finish their food.