=^.^= Chapter 20 =^.^=

The search was still on and the adoption agency finally got a good lead. After numerous days on the lookout, a young lad in a lower ranked neighborhood revealed to have seen the hyvrids at one of the neighboring houses.

They thought it was a bit strange that the house was almost on the other side of town, but they took their chances. Their source was a trusted one. They approached the house that was rumored to be harboring the hybrids and knocked, ready to use force if necessary.

=O=o=O=

It was Sunday afternoon and Harry was making lunch that was until he heard a knock. He went to open the door and stared at the well-dressed looking men at his door. He had no ideo who they were, and he hoped they would make this quick because his hybrid was hungry. He never liked making Louis wait for food.

"Can I help you?" He asked, not having a clue what these men were here for, but hoping they would leave quickly.

"Hello sir, My name is Tom and this is my colleague Richard. We have reason to believe some runaway hybrids are living here. Would you mind if we took a look?" Oh God, what was Harry to do? He hadn't really expected anyone to come looking for the missing hybrids. And he couldn't let them take his beautiful boyfriend. He needed to think quick.

"I'm sorry, runaway hybrids. Why are they runaways exactly?" He asked, trying to stall.

"Well they were adopted, but it seems they somehow got free. Do you mind if we took a now, it won't take long?" He knows he can't do much now. He was about to open the door further when a familiar voice is talking.

"Who's at the door Harry?" Zayn ask coming around the corner. He sees the fancy suits and his smile fades as he takes in their serious expression.

"This is Tom and Richard. They're here on business, say there are some runaway hybrids." He puts emphasis on runaway hybrids. Zayn nods and his easy smile is back. He's always been good with sticy situations.

"Well I don't see why you guys are over here. We live way too far away and don't have the money to raise hybrids. Isn't that right Harry?" Harry just nods; he doesn't trust his voice at the moment. How could Zayn be so easy about this? He just hopes that the men don't press further.

The two men stare at the pair unsurely. The lead had been a good one, but they could have been wrong. It happens sometimes. They're about to apologize for the intrusion, when the see one of the suspects.

Now standing in the hall is Liam. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he wanted to check out the commotion. Once he sees who's at the door he pales. The big guys. He squirms and it all gets a bit hectic after that. The two men burst in, followed by a team. Harry and Zayn are both thrown out of the way and the big guys make their way to the hybrid. Liam tries to move away, but he knows resisting is pointless.

"Thought you could escape. I think it's time we head back to the adoption center and get this little mishap all fixed, don't you?" Liam can only nod in agreement. It's best to comply in this situation. The big guys attention is drawn away from Liam when they hear a whimper. They look to the side and see Louis on the couch. The other suspect.

"Well if it isn't the failure." Tom sneers, making his way to Louis. "I never thought you were smart enough to run away, but it seems I was wrong. But you were dumb enough to leave a trail." He laughs wickedly.

Harry has finally found his footing and makes his way over to the crowd. He has to try something to save his lover.

"Leave Louis alone, look we'll do what it takes to keep them here!" He shouts, angry with the way Tom is talking to Louis. It reminds him of Liam's story. He wonders if Tom was one of those evil men. If he is, he's sure got something coming to him.

"Look sir, there's really nothing you can do unless you can pay the thousand dollar adoption fee for each of them And if I'm being honest I don't think you can." Harry is seething on inside, but he's trying to keep his composure. As much as he'd like to punch the guy out, he's not much of a fighter. They looked like they could kill.

"Look we'll give you the money, but it'll take a few days." Zayn tries, but the guys shake their head. Zayn was hoping to get some kind of sympathy, but it seems these men have no mercy.

"I'm sorry, but we need the money now. We'll be taking them back and giving them to their original owner." The team grabs Liam and then Louis and they start making their way out.

"Harry!" Louis shouts, trying to escape the hold. It was no use, he wasn't strong enough.

"Louis! I'll get you back I promise I'll do whatever it takes." He shouts back. Liam shouts for Zayn and Zayn replies the same way. Soon the men are leaving and Harry crumbles watching as the love of his life is being taken away. He means it, he will get them back no matter what.