=^.^= Chapter 10 =^.^=

Liam wakes up sore, just like the night before. He's been sleeping in alleys for about a week now. He's been looking for Louis everywhere, but has come up short each time. He steers clear of asking for help, not wanting what happened to him the day he lost Louis to happen to him again. He tries to find Louis' scent, but it's no use. It's been too long. He has no clue where his kitten pal can be.

The night he disappeared from Louis, he was so scared for Louis. He was trying so hard tom make it back, but the situation wasn't making it easier. He just really hoped his best friend would be fine for a few hours. He hadn't expected to be gone for so long, but it seems he was. Louis wasn't where he should have been and now he's determined to find him.

He knows Louis is not as strong, having grown up different then the rest, and he wants to make sure he's okay. He wants to know he's fine and healthy. It's why he became his best friend. He was always so worried for the lad back in the adoption center. He noticed how Louis was outcast for being distinctive, but he wasn't going to be the same. He wanted to watch over the boy, seeing him dejected made him unhappy. He just wanted to make sure Louis would always be well cared for. That is what best friends do. He just wishes he could find him now, to protect him from the real world.

He stands up ready to search again. With each passing day, he's drifted further and further from the mansion like homes, ending up in some sort of suburb. He knows he's gone far, but he needs to find Louis it's his top priority. He walks aimlessly, sniffing the air and not smelling anything familiar. He walks street by street, hoping to pick up the scent. He walks sluggishly, not exactly having anywhere to go anyway. He figures if he can't find him again tonight, he will have to do it again tomorrow.

He walks up the street, noticing a clearing, a park. It isn't until he nears the park that he picks up Louis' scent. He perks up going in the direction of the fields. The scent is there, but it's not strong. 'Louis must have been here', he thinks as he tries to follow where the scent gets stronger. He finally feels himself relax in the slightest His friend isn't dead.

He soon finds the path that will surely lead him to his friend. He follows the scent, knowing that he can finally rest easy. Now he knows his friend is alive. He walks and walks. The scent getting stronger. 'Louis I'm coming' he thinks as he walks further into the town.

=O=o=O=

Louis lays stomach flat on the carpeted floor of Harry's living room. Harry had brought home a coloring book and crayons one day. Now, Louis is using those same crayons to draw a picture on a plain piece of paper. He drew two stick figures again, one slightly shorter, just like the last time. This time, however, Louis adds clothes and hair, just like Zayn had taught him. He draws and draws, until the picture is perfect. He smiles to himself and stands to make his way to Harry's room. Harry had been busy grading papers, so when Louis walked in, he perked up, glad to have a bit of a distraction.

"Hey kitten, what's up?" He asks. The first time he had asked, Louis was confused as to what he meant. Louis had looked up, wondering if there was something on the ceiling. Eventually, Harry told him it meant something like what's going on. Louis pulls out the drawing that he was hiding behind his back and presents it to Harry.

"For Harry." he declares, setting the drawing on the desk. Louis watches nervously as Harry picks it up, looking at the two stick figure versions of Louis and himself. He smiled at Louis, standing up prepared to give the kitten boy a hug. He pulls the boy close, wrapping his arms around the small lad. Louis wrapped his own arms around Harry, loving when Harry gave him hugs.

"It's lovely, it'll go on the fridge." just like the rest, Harry said, last part a thought to himself. Louis had already drawn a few other drawings of them together. Harry loved putting them on display. He figured that he might eventually frame them and place them around the house. He likes looking at them and knowing that he no longer lives alone. Now he shares his home with and adorable kitten boy.

Their moment is interrupted when there's a knock at the door. Harry frowns, pulling away from Louis and going to see who it could possibly go. It could be Zayn, but he usually calls before he comes over. He slowly makes his way to the door. He finally makes it and opens the door revealing a lad he's never seen before. He can see hope, and slight panic set in his features. He smiles, hoping to ease the boy's mind, but also hoping he can't see Harry's confused expression.

"Who are you?" He asks. The boy looks past him, probably noticing Louis. Harry turns and sees that yes, Louis stands there with wide eyes. Harry is about to ask what's happening, turning to ask the mystery lad, but then he sees them. He sees the small dog ears perched on his head and he knows exactly who it is.

"I'm Liam."