Gerard Way Is Confirmed A Mess And Smells Like Whiskey

"Just don't, like, jump me in the night or anything, okay?" Frank said, sliding into the covers next to Gerard.

"Scared of me?" Gerard mocked hurt. Frank turned around to face the taller boy.

"Scared you'll jump me in the middle of the night," Frank said, raising his eyebrows. Gerard rolled his eyes.

"Silly, I only do that to people I've known at least twenty-four hours."

"Holy fuck," Frank grumbled, watching Gerard's amused expression. "You smell like whiskey."

"I always do."

"Why?"

"It tastes good?" Gerard gave a look that said 'obviously'.

"But you reek of it, man. And this comes someone who has cigarette butts all in the backseat of their car."

"You sound like Mikey, or my mom, Jesus."

Frank looked at the black haired boy. Gerard definitely had bloodshot eyes, probably from lack of sleep and from drug use. He and his room smelt of alcohol and weed. And Frank could tell just by his room that Gerard Way was a mess.

"M'kay, Gee," Frank said, rolling over so that his back was to Gerard. Gerard raised up a bit.

"What'd you all me?" he asked, raising and eyebrow.

"It's my new nickname for you. Since we're friends."

"We just met!"

"We're in the same fucking bed. Night."

And with that, Frank said his last words before drifting off to sleep. Gerard couldn't deny it, Frank was attractive. Incredibly, at that. But he was a different attractive than the guys hidden away in park bathroom stalls on their knees or drunk guys at music venues. He doubted Frank was staying in his bed for sex, or his whiskey smelling room. Then why was Frank in his bed?

Then Gerard realized that he hadn't used the drugs he'd bought or drank a drop of alcohol that whole day.

- - -

"Wake up, you're spooning me."

Gerard opened his eyes, bringing up a hand to brush his messy hair out of his face. "What?"

"Your left arm is hooked around my waist and I can't get up," Frank said with his back to Gerard, "and we need to get ready for school."

Gerard looked down, and sure enough, his arm was hooked around Frank. He pulled it away, blushing and watching Frank get out of the bed.

"It's too early to get out of bed," Gerard groaned, stuffing his face into a pillow.

"You're one of those people," Frank deadpanned, rubbing his forehead. "C'mon, sleepyhead."

Frank grabbed both of Gerard's arms, trying to pull him out of the bed. He moved heard a few inches.

"Whatever, just remember that I'm the one with a ride," Frank said dismissively, grabbing his clothes from the day before. Gerard sat up frowning at Frank.

"Okay, okay, I'm up," Gerard said sleepily as Frank started to walk out of the room. "Asshole."

"I heard that!" Frank yelled, disappearing down the hallway.

- - -

"What's your last name again?" Ray asked, following Frank down to his English class. Frank turned to look at the kid with the ridiculous afro.

"Iero."

"I'm sorry, come again?"

"Nevermind," Frank said, walking into the classroom, setting his books down at a desk, Ray sitting at the one next to his.