Flattery Gets You Nowhere

"Jesus, you sound like you've never had a blow job before!" Gerard laughed, the cigarette smoke drifting from his lips. Frank rolled his eyes, pulling his own cigarette out of his mouth.

"Excuse me for not having one in the back of my mom's minivan!"

"You should try it, really," Gerard said, laughing more. He looked up at the sky above him, lit up in blues and purples and yellows. They'd been laying on the hood of Frank's car for a while, just talking and laughing. "Ever wish you were up there?"

"In the sky?" he asked, confused. Gerard put the cigarette back to his lips.

"Yeah. Like, the birds seem happy. It just feels like we're...stuck down here."

Frank thought for a second, brining the cigarette from his mouth. "I guess. But birds can't get tattoos or ice cream or receive blowjobs."

Gerard laughed a bit. "But they can just," he waved his hand in the air, "fly away."

"That's easy though. Flying away, I mean. It's hard to stay in one place for long, it proves character."

"Poetic again, Mr. Iero," Gerard said, turning his head to the side, looking at the shorter boy. Frank looked over at Gerard.

"It's true though. Running away is easy, fighting is hard. But it's better pick fight than flight."

Gerard studied Frank's face for a minute. "I haven't drank at all since you've been around."

"Nice observation, Mr. Way," Frank smirked. Gerard rolled his eyes.

"Smartass. How come I haven't drunk anything?"

Frank looked at the messy haired boy. "You haven't had a reason to."

-  -  -

Gerard laid on his bed, his fingers tapping against his chest. Frank was sleeping beside him, the asshole had almost taken up the whole bed by sprawling out. He'd been awake for a while, it was early in the morning. And he couldn't get Frank's words out of his head.

"You haven't had a reason to."

Gerard bit the inside of his lip. He hated to admit it, but Frank was right. He hadn't been sleeping alone, and not in the form of not having a naked man beside him in the sheets. In the form of not having to lay there and hate himself for hours. He hadn't needed to grab his pill bottles from under the bed, or reach for a half empty vodka bottle. Gerard hadn't been sad. Gerard hadn't been mad.

He started drinking because his dad left, he was mad and torn. He started popping pills because he knew that his dad wouldn't ever come back. And then he forgot why he did any of it, and did it just because he could. Because flight is easier than fight.

"You're awake," Frank mumbled into Gerard's shoulder. Gerard looked at Frank, who was sleepily looking up at him.

"So are you. Nice observation."

"Bitch. Why're you awake?"

"Thinkin'."

"About what?" Frank raised his head a bit.

"You're the reason."

"What?"

"You're the reason I haven't been drinking."

Frank laid back down. "You're the reason I'm sticking around."

And then Gerard fell back asleep, not needing anything to make his head light or any alcohol to make him pass out or some man to make him feel worthwhile.

-  -  -

"Who are you again?" Gerard asked, looking at the group of kids sitting with him that he'd never seen before. The boy next to him set down his soda can.

"I'm Brendon, that's my boyfriend Ryan," he motioned to the boy who looked like he'd been picked from a 60's movie, "that's Joe and Andy," one of them looked like he could pull a truck and the other one just kept poking him with a carrot, "that's Hayley," she had flaming red and orange hair, "and that's Travie, Taylor, and Christofer," Brendon finished, pointing to a dark skinned boy with a nose piercing, a curly haired boy, and another guy with bleached hair and - Gerard looked down - was he not wearing shoes?

"And you're here..."

"I know Patrick!" Joe said, giving Andy a break from being tortured via carrot.

"Of course you do."

"Be nice!" Frank cut in, glaring at Gerard from across the table.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Brendon asked. Gerard froze.

"Ah, no, no. Just friends."

"That's what Brendon said when he was first sleeping with Ryan!" Joe said again, earning a glare from Gerard.

Ryan looked over at where the conversation was taking place. "It's true."

"Ugh, shut up," Gerard mumbled, taking a bite of his salad.

"You're such a party pooper," Frank smirked, looking at Gerard who was rolling his eyes.

"I don't even know these people!"

"We should have a get together!" Patrick said, smiling. "Like, we can all meet up on Friday and chill and stuff!"

Gerard looked at Brendon. "Is he always this happy?"

"Pretty much. But it's a good idea!" Brendon said, smiling. Andy held up a finger.

"Okay, okay, but no booze and," he looked over at Ryan, "no weed."

Ryan rolled his eyes. "One time! It was one time!"

"And then you started grinding on Joe and things got weird."

"Just because you're overprotective of your boyfriend doesn't mean you can give me shit!" Ryan said, looking at the vegan boy.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

- - -

"It'll be fun, stop pouting," Frank said, spinning around in Gerard's desk chair. Gerard laid back on his pillows.

"We barely know them!" Gerard whined.

Frank stopped spinning. "C'mon, Travie said we can go to his house and he said he has dogs!"

"Fuck the dogs! Well, don't do that. But c'mon, Frankie, I don't wanna go."

"Calling me Frankie is getting you nowhere. And sit back down on that bed, flattery gets you nowhere," Frank said, raising his eyebrows as Gerard got up off of the bed and started walking towards Frank.

"But c'mon, what if we get murdered?" Gerard said, looking at Frank.

"I doubt - "

Gerard brought his lips to Frank's, bringing his hands up to Frank's cheeks and catching the other boy by surprise. Their lips moved together, and soon Gerard was running his tongue over Frank's lip ring, making Frank open his mouth, which lead to the shorter of the two running his hands up underneath Gerard's shirt. He brought his hands down to the waistband of Gerard's jeans, feeling over the slight love handles that Frank felt with his fingers. He slightly pulled away from Gerard's mouth.

"What was that for?" Gerard asked, his lips now swollen and pink. Frank smiled.

"I told you, flattery gets you nowhere. And we're going to that party," Frank said, getting up out of the chair and heading to the bed, smacking Gerard's butt in the process.

_________________________
a/n : i put christofer in here because i am actual nevershoutnever tRASH and i love it. this fic is gonna get better, i promise. thank you thank you for all of the support !!

- ash