Join The Club

"My head hurts," Gerard said for probably the fiftieth time to Frank. Gerard sat up in the bed, rubbing his head, his black hair sticking to his forehead. "Oh God - "

Gerard jumped out of bed, throwing the covers over onto Frank, blindly running towards the bathroom. He bent over the toilet, throwing up what contents of alcohol were left in his system. Leaning back, he rested his head against the wall, rubbing his eyes. He opened them, leaning back up to flush the toilet and walk back to Frank's bedroom.

"I didn't even think I drank that much," Gerard complained, sitting on the bed. Frank sleepily looked at Gerard and his mess of hair.

"You basically downed a bottle of vodka," Frank's voice came out hoarse, "props on that, too. Not props on getting wasted and puking in my toilet."

"Piss off," Gerard rolled his eyes. "Can I use your shower?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Frank laughed, sitting up. He caught Gerard's scowl. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Go ahead, I can get clothes for you. Just come to the kitchen when you're done."

Frank got up out of the bed, shuffling through his clothes drawers for clothes that were too big for him because he knew Gerard's shoulders were wider than his and that his legs were longer. He threw a shirt at Gerard, along with another pair of pajama pants.

"Those are the only pants I have that are too big. Besides, I doubt you wanna go out and do stuff today. I mean, I don't."

Frank started walking out of the bedroom. "You want waffles or pancakes?"

"Pancakes," Gerard said, smiling a bit. He watched as Frank left the room, leaving him alone on the bed. He rubbed his head again.

Why had he been so stupid? He'd known he didn't need to drink, nothing had been going wrong. He had Frank. But he'd just felt so...so compelled to drink. He'd done it for so long that it just felt like a necessity. Like a habit he couldn't kick. Just a bad habit.

It had started with his dad running off. Just like that. One action sent him spiraling with anger, sadness, and bitterness. Even when his dad had been gone for a while, he still felt angry. So he drank and he took pills. Mikey got worried a lot about that, it was probably selfish to keep spiraling. But it was never selfish enough to quit. That probably made it even more selfish.

Gerard lifted himself off of the bed, steadying himself while walking to the bathroom. He closed the door, leaning against it and letting out a sigh.

He was going to get better.

- - -

"No - Aunt Lucy - no! Jesus, we haven't had sex! He's not even my boyfriend!" Gerard heard Frank's voice coming from the kitchen. He laughed under his breath.

"I'm just saying, make sure you're safe when - "

"Who says we're going to have sex?"

"You're really that against it?" Gerard teased, sitting down at the kitchen table. Frank's cheeks turned red and his aunt smirked.

"I never - I mean - it's just - "

"Frank's just awkward," his aunt explained, flipping a pancake. "Always has been. You know, I read this article in one of my magazines and - "

"Alright, well that was fun, look, here's some pancakes! Thanks for your input!" Frank gave a fake smile to his Anita's he carried the plate of pancakes over to the table, sitting down across from Gerard. "I'm so sorry. Her and my uncle head for this barbecue thing in an hour."

Gerard put a pancake on his plate. "Are you suggesting something, Frankie?"

"What - no!"

"Keep telling yourself that. Pass me the syrup."

Frank handed Gerard the bottle of syrup. "Oh, so I've got some movie and I thought we could watch those. And I've got some shows recorded on the TV. Also, my aunt has an entire season of Modern Family recorded, so that's an option."

"You sound so domestic," Gerard smirked, taking a bite of his pancake. Frank's cheeks turned red again. "It's cute."

"Isn't he?" Frank's aunt poked his cheek, laying more pancakes down for them. "Now, I'm gonna go get ready. We leave in one hour, so don't do anything you wouldn't want us seeing until we leave the house!" She winked as she left the kitchen.

"I like her," Gerard noted, eating more pancake. Frank groaned.

"She's great when she's not shoving condoms in my face."

"Hey, gotta be safe, right?"

"Shut up."

-  -  -

"Imagine if there was a show about our town?" Frank asked, the blanket pulled up to his chin. Gerard snorted, pulling more of the blanket to himself. They'd found an entire DVD set of Parks & Recreation, which they'd turned as soon as Frank's aunt and uncle had left.

"It'd just be a bunch of people yelling, Bert selling drugs to kids, and us running around wildly."

Frank shrugged. "I'd watch that."

"You live it, dumbass," Gerard looked over at Frank. Frank rolled his eyes.

"You're the dumbass." Frank's eyes widened. "Oh shit, was that mean? I'm so sorry - "

Frank was cut off by Gerard's lips on his own, catching him by surprise, but his body started kissing back. Frank tilted his head a bit so their noses wouldn't bump, their lips slowly moving together. Gerard pulled away a bit, his hazel eyes looking into Frank's.

"You're ridiculous," Gerard said, slightly laughing. Frank blushed.

"Join the club."

_____________________________________________
a/n : i keep feeling really iffy about this fic. but then i see some people actually read it and enjoy that, so it makes me keep going. thank you all so much for 500+ views !! also, sorry for the late and spaced out chapters, i just wanna make sure the chapters are what i want, not just what i produce. ya feel? anyways, thanks so much for the votes and comments !!

- ash