PROLOGUE

1999, Monday, California, San Francisco

"Someone please help" shouted someone.

Alice was asleep in her bed when she heard someone scream. She gathered her clothes and ran downstairs.

Her Father was lying on the floor; his paperwork lying on the table. He must be drunk she thought.

She stood there staring. She didn't know what was happening.

"Miss Alice I came here to give master his juice but when I came here he was having another heart attack. Miss we should call the ambulance before it's too late."

Her father; Mr. Phillip was a respected Man; he had his own business and was the richest man in town. He married her mom: Emily Phillip when he was 35 years old.

It was the best Marriage of the year, guests were invited all over the world, the wedding ceremony was held near the Beach in the Bridgton Hotel. Phillip used all of his money in this wedding. They both were very happy.

First two years of the marriage went quite well but the third year when Alice was born was a bit hard.

Dad always wanted a Boy and when Alice was born, his dream of having a son was shattered into Million pieces.

On the other hand Mom liked the idea of having a baby Girl. But Phillip couldn't understand.

When Alice turned 15, Phillip had his first heart attack; doctors told he took too much stress. Emily tried to explain to him a million times but he didn't listen.

Phillip stayed in his room the preceding days; he talked less, became an avid drinker, he didn't care nor he acted as if he did. He wasn't in a good condition. He stayed in his room all days; he was getting old and needed to relax. Instead he destroyed himself. He didn't take his medicines on time. She avoided going in front of him.

One day he also tried to kill poor Alice but he was caught by peter and he had to stop. Alice was 9 years old that time. Emily used to take her everywhere she went. She was afraid of the cruel beast that was in her house.

More days pass but nothing happened. Alice was growing very fast and was becoming attractive and alluring day by day. She wasn't allowed to attend the parties or meet anyone outside her home.

She seemed to be a nice girl but no one really knew her. She had few friends stayed away from her as they were afraid of her father. Also she was not allowed to have any male friend. Mr. Phillip was recognized by all of her friends and family and everyone knew his behavior so they stayed away from him and therefore Alice too.

Peter was their only servant who knew the Family's condition. He was Phillip's first ever loyal servant who he never abused.

She had never loved her father and never in her life had she tried to love him. He was too savage on her.

"Ma'am?" Peter questioned.

Alice was gathering her thoughts when she heard her mom coming.

"OH MY GOD! PHILLIP ARE YOU OKAY?" Emily screamed.

Without further ado Emily ran and dialed 911.

The next few hours were a little blur, her mom and peter were carrying his father to the ambulance and she followed them like a lost puppy. She didn't like this day.

Her father died after two hours of the operation. She felt wretched and glum.

Her father had just died. Emily was in a shock and she to be, she loved him a lot.