Chapter One

IGNORE ALL THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AND MISTAKES. :)

14 December, Evening

The guests were coming from all over the city. Few known, few unknown.

She was getting ready when Elizabeth came in.

"I am so sorry Alice; he was a very good man. May his soul rest in peace" Elizabeth consoled her.

She was standing near the window when she heard her. The view from her window was quite beautiful. Phillip had brought the house near the Beach. Her room was only the one that had the beach view. That place always gave her warmth. As she stare into the beautiful sunset, birds whoosh past her ears and the noise of the crashing waves batter her ears. The smell of the salty sea intoxicated her.

She stood there a minute and turned. Elizabeth was standing near her bed and was looking at her with a smile on her bright face. Elizabeth was one of her closest friend and was her friend from childhood; she lived in her neighborhood and was also sharp and intelligent like her. Her beautiful body curves made her wanted by the boys..

She had a really nice family. Mr. and Mrs. Murray were both very lavish, open handed and respected people. They had two sons and a daughter. Beth was the youngest among the three and was mom and dad's darling. Her house was the first on the street and was the prettiest of all. Her house contained love and warmth that her house could never have. Her house was filled with joy, passion and enthusiasm. Her elder brother; John was the dearest of all; he was a football champion and had many trophies decorated in his room. Her other brother; Matt was the most cheerful and bubbly one, he was also a bright student like all the three of his siblings. He was completing his college and would be applying for University this year.

"Are you okay Alice?" asked Elizabeth.

Filled with thoughts and memories Alice turned and looked at her once again. She had amazing brown wavy hair flowing along one side of her to adorn her beautiful porcelain skin. She always looked pretty. Her body was a perfect figure; from head to toe every bit of it was extremely attractive. Her blue eyes always glowed and were full of life.

Life was so easy on her.

"Oh I am fine just a bit depressed that's it" "what are you doing tonight?" asked Alice

"Oh me? Nothing just normal routine! Will be out for a party though, want to join Allie?" she asked again.

"I have to or I will get stuck in this house and I don't want to be in this house with these people, it makes me sick. I really do want to go out and have some fresh air and I need to get my mind on other things too. Beth can you pick me from here?"

"Not a problem! I also wanted company with me. I get so bored travelling alone so 8:00 clock it is. Be ready at eight I will pick you and wear something pink you look pretty in pink." Beth beamed and started to leave the room. She followed her.

Down the stairs she saw mom talking to Mrs. Lucy; one of dad's relative.

Mom was okay now. She had to be. She was a brave woman who understood and always accepted the reality. That was one thing I loved the most about her.

The house felt empty. She missed his voice; she missed her dad's voice. She never thought she would miss him when he's gone. The house that contained noises and that contained his mess was now vacant and spotless. She never thought she would note such things. She didn't care.

"You never know what life holds for you so live it the fullest".

"I am going to start a new life, a life that is waiting for me, a life that I meant to live, and a life that was made for me. This house is nothing but a prison for me. This house never gave me serenity instead it always disturbed me. I can never choose my profession here as I know things will bind me here and I can't afford that. I need to think and it's high time I should realize and make a move". She promised.

"Dear Alice how are you? I know it must be hard on you and your mom seeing your father dying like this. Honey you should know that I will always be there for you. If there is any help you want just contact me, don't hesitate for even a moment just give a call and I'll be there" Mrs. Lucy comforted.

Mrs. Lucy was one of a close friend of Mom. She has always been nice and gentle.

"When I was born she was the one that took care of my mom and sometimes me when Mom needed help. Her husband died few years ago but she seems to be okay with the fact that everyone has to die and that she and her husband had spent the best years of life together. She has her own farm and she's still young and beautiful the way she was when she married Mr. Austin."

Mr. Austin was dad's business partner and it was because of him mom was introduced to Lucy. Mrs. Lucy was 75 years old now and was working in a church of our neighborhood.

"One thing I love about her is that she never feels sorry about anything and she's happy for what God has given her. Well that's the most important thing one should realize."

Someone once told me :
"There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do it. Listen to your instincts and ignore everything else. Ignore logic, ignore the odds, ignore the complications, and just go for it."

"That's what's I am going to do next, listen my instincts and go for it." As there is a saying "when there is a will there is a way."

It was 7:00pm sharp. All the guests were now leaving. She saw mom waving and hugging people, saying good bye to them. Life has been relentless on her too. Her parents had died when she was just 7 years of age. She had blond hair that sparkled in the daylight; her blue eyes seemed to brighten the whole world. Her high bone and sharp chin made her even more attractive. She was still the same just few wrinkles on her face but still look gorgeous and alluring like she used to be. She was adopted by one of a rich family and she moved with them in the same neighborhood where dad used to live. Although these people were nice, they never accepted her as their own daughter, never gave her love that she was supposed to have. They only provided her with basic education and after high school she was not allowed to go to a college. She stayed at home and did all the work that a maid does. Her mom was a bitch. She had this nasty attitude and she treated her like shit. She had two more children of her own; a daughter and a son who never talked to Emily and treated her as a trash. But then she met Phillip and they both fell in love. She got married the same year. She was 20 years old at the time of her marriage. She thought now life has been easy on her but she was wrong. Phillip seemed to be nice at first but when she got Pregnant and they got to know that they are going to have a baby girl things changed and he changed. Mom tried to explain but it was of no use it was as if she was talking to a statue or a stone hearted man.

"Beep" "Beep" her phone was vibrating. She was standing near her window when she realized she had to get dressed now.

She checked the phone and saw Beth's message:

"Hey get dressed soon. I will be there before 8.

Kiss love Beth"

"Oh shit! I should be ready now"

She opened her closet and viewed her clothes. She had few clothes. She had never been to parties and didn't know what to wear. The pink dress she thought.