Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Ignore the tenses and other stuff people 😘😘

"Oh lord don't attach my weak heart to something that's not mine."

The next day:

"Sorry Allie I couldn't call you last night." Beth was sorry.

"Not a problem. You are not supposed to be sorry dear. How are your parents? I was really worried about you the whole day."

"They are okay. Few injuries though. I am glad it was just a minor accident. I couldn't afford to lose them. We all are coming in the evening. Mom and " She laughed.

"Oh please. I really need you." She sounded like a baby.

"Oh I will be back soon. And hey I just saw the television wtf? Henry is after your company? Are you all kidding?" she sounded suspicious.

"I don't know. Danny told he got proofs against him."

"And now the police is after him. I can't believe it Allie. I don't want to be rude here but I think Danny is lying here. Or there is something else you don't know."

Alice was lying on her bed and was talking to her when she heard a knock on her door.

"Who is there?" she questioned loudly while holding Beth on the line.

"Lady Lora ma'am! Coffee is ready. Should I bring it here? Or you are coming down. Mrs. Lucy also wants to talk to you about something really important." She waited for her to answer.

"Oh yes the coffee." She spoke on the phone.

"Lora! Tell Ma'am Lucy that I am coming in a few minutes."

Lora nodded and closed the door.

"Is she gone?" Beth asked.

"Yes she is! And I have got to go too now. Come back soon we will talk face to face then. Take care bye."

She closed her eyes and started thinking about Henry, when she heard her name being called.

"Coming" she shouted.

1 hour later:

They both were sitting on the dining table when Mrs. Lucy spoke.

"Listen Beth you need to be careful now. I'll be leaving in the afternoon because I have work to do. I don't want to leave you like this but I can't help it. People at the church need me. We really have loads and loads of work left there since your mom died. I know it's just been a day but believe me we all were taking care of her from a month. Now? We have got to take care of it too." She told her with a warm smile on her face.

Alice on the other hand liked the idea of having the house on her own. No one to look after her. She was used to of living alone and she liked it.

"Not a big deal! I think you should leave and start your work. I am Okay and will be trust me. And thank you for everything and supporting me throughout."

The old woman's smile vanished.

"What happened?" Alice asked.

"But what about this home Alice?" she looked worried.

"Home?" she looked at her and then to her house, examining every bit of it, remembering how she was born here, how his father had tried to kill her, how he died, how she left and how her mother died. No good memory at that house.

"I know this house never gave you love and warmth but this is your home now Alice. You need to take good care of it now. Your mom loved this house and loved you all too. She told me to never sell this house as it is your property. Your father named this house to your mom and she named it to you." she was looking at her and then examining the whole house.