Chapter Eight

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND VOTING <3

ENJOY :)

"Whatever happens, they say afterwards, it must have been fate. People are always a little confused about this, as they are in the case of miracles. When someone is saved from certain death by a strange concatenation of circumstances, they say that's a miracle. But of course if someone is killed by a freak chain of events -- the oil spilled just there, the safety fence broken just there -- that must also be a miracle. Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."

Friday, Aug 25. Evening.

"I love you. I hate you. I like you. I hate you. I love you. I think you're stupid. I think you're a loser. I think you're wonderful. I want to be with you. I don't want to be with you. I would never date you. I hate you. I love you.....I think the madness started the moment we met and you shook my hand. Did you have a disease or something?"

Alice had never been like this. She hated this month, hated the previous days. The moment Henry had entered her life; her life had been a mess. But one thing happened; she learned how to get away from him and his fake love. She was wrong love doesn't happen so easily. Beth was right. She herself was very stupid. But she learned to move on. Life wasn't easy for her. Her so called "dad" died and then she met Henry who was like Prince Charming for her. It was like her wishes had become true but it was all like a dream. Henry came and was gone. He was such a jerk.

"Bzzz" her phone vibrated.

"It must be Beth." Suddenly she became rejoiced.

And she was right this time. Her previous guesses had been wrong.

"Life is OK here too. Just OK though. Your mom needs you Allie. She is really sick these days. We had a checkup last night. Doctors told she is having cancer and they can't save her now. It's too late. Your mom doesn't care about anything. We thought she was sad because of you but we never knew she had cancer from the past few years. It's the last stage of cancer Allie. I am really sorry we couldn't do anything.

Last Night I went to her house, she looked really weak and fragile. I felt really bad. She wanted to know where you were but I didn't answer her. Instead I took her to the nearest restaurant for her to get some air and to cheer up her a lil bit. But it was of no use. She acted the same there too. I am really worried about your mom. Life had been so weird these days. Matt is out of city for a few weeks. He told me he would be there last night but he didn't show up. I was torn into pieces. There are times when I need him the most but he isn't in sight. I wonder why he proposed me. Life had been so difficult. I miss you too. Please come here for few months. Danny is there to save your company. I am sure no harm will come to it whenever he is alive. Please Allie your mom needs you. She told me to tell you that she was sorry and she needs you now. Let me know if you are coming."

Tears were dropping on her mobile. She was crying now. She was weeping like a little baby. She loved her mom. What was wrong with her?

"Cancer? Oh no! My mom can't have cancer. She can't be on its last stage. Why are we beings so hopeless? We just can't do anything. We just rely on the doctors and believe what they are blabbering. Life was Ok now. But no one really likes my happiness. When I finally decided to call my mom here and start a new life with her in LA, she had been diagnosed with cancer. Holy shoot. I hate this life."

She decided to reply to Beth.

She typed with her hands trembled.

"Cancer? Please tell me you are kidding. Please tell me there is no such thing as Cancer. My mom needs me. I will be there tomorrow. I am booking my flight right after this. You keep updating me about my mom. Keep her safe. Please? She is the only one I have left."