CHAPTER FOUR

Bruno Mars is one of my favourite singer :)
10:30am

"Knock Knock"

Beth was making her breakfast when she heard the doorbell.

"Come on open up Beth hurry up"

Beth opened the door.

Alice stood there staring. She looked beautiful than ever. Her hair was falling perfectly over her shoulders. She looked worried. Wonder what's on her mind.

"Henry" she cried out.

With that she hugged her so tight that they were about to fall when they both got their balance.

"Holy shoot what's wrong with you? You look worried"

Alice filled with her thoughts was entering her living room.

She found herself standing in the middle of the living room. Her willies had left muddy footprints on the otherwise gleaming wooden floor. Too anxious to sit in the cream soft leather sofa she remained in the center like a grubby garden ornament. With her eyes only she toured the spacious room. On her left was a period fireplace with a tall pottery vase standing either side, displaying bouquets of sweet smelling flowers. Above the fireplace a huge guided mirror showed her reflection. She desperately wanted to cover herself over in a white sheet but for the fear of staining it muddy brown. Above her head a chandelier hung with the morning sun glinting off the cut glass.

It was the cleanest room imaginable. The rich, lush sofa sat in between two soft chairs. A rocking armchair was tucked away silently in a corner under a tall window through which the sunlight was coming inside in sheets. A soft fire was glowing in the fireplace under the mantelpiece that was covered with tiny intricate glass models and ancient relics. A beautifully designed rug had covered the polished floor and the walls were covered with innumerable paintings and portraits of emperors and knights.

She shifted her gaze to Beth who was staring at her with a questionable expression.

"Allie please you are scaring me! What is that is bothering you?"

"I think I am in love" she murmured.

"Oh my God! Is it true? The virgin Alice falls in love with a guy. Oh Oh! Don't tell me is he Henry? He was the last person you met." She jabbered.

"It's not a joke Beth. I don't know what's happening to me. Part of me thinks that this is love and the other rejects it."

"I am so confused"

"Do you even know the meaning of love?"

"Of course I do. Love is the feeling which I never felt and got before" she exclaimed.

"Love isn't something you find Allie; love is something that finds you." She smiled, her white teeth glittering.

Her house was peaceful. She was the only one awake Allie guessed. But she was wrong. She heard a voice coming from the lobby. It was Matt.

"Oh hello ladies, you two are awake at this hour? Is everything okay? Hi you look pretty as usual Alice" he asked.

"Beth's family was a peaceful one; they slept late at night and woke up late in the morning too. They all looked so perfect" she thought.

"Stop flattering her lil brother. She won't date you; duh!" she grumbled.

"I am not flattering her. She looks really pretty today. She must have used some makeup like you do all the time"

"Oh please mind your own business. Can't you see we two are busy here? Go on now shoo!"

Alice was standing at the corner of the window. She didn't care what was happening behind her. She stood there thinking about Henry.