Chapter 2 - Alone in the world

Haaaaay :D So yeah already three reads :P hahah nothing to really be excited about but i still am :P And i'm sorry for any spelling mistakes and that stuff.... And don't worry your beloved falling skies characters are joining the story soon :P 

- Gelaicia 

Skylar's POV:

It had been about two or three months since the aliens attacked earth, i didn't really keep track of time. My base was in my own living room. Doesn't that sound a bit weird? Imagine your own living room becoming your own little "army base" with guns and knifes hidden almost everywhere, even on yourself. I had my medic kits and that kinda stuff lying all over the living room table. I had my ar15 m4 hanging on the side of by body, it was like it had become a part of me now, i was always on my guard for those six legged green things and the robots that seemed to be controled by the green things. It had been kinda hard to realise it but ....... the earth was really attacked by aliens, LIKE REAL FUCKING ALIENS! I thought that kinda stuff only happened in movies. I had seen other people during the first month or so but they slowly started dissapearing, most of them were probably killed by the aliens or died from hunger, other than that i felt like i was completely alone in the world.... well except from the aliens. 

A thing that i had noticed around the second week was that kids were walking around collecting scrap metal or something, but they weren't normal they had this thing on their back that seemed to be connected to them trough their spine, and it seemed like it was allowing them to communicate with the six legged things and that they were taking orders from them, anyway they didn't have any free will. 

Right now i was securing the weapons i had to my body and grabbed some extra ammo, i was running low on food and ammo so tonight was stock up night. I silently laughed at my self, i liked my little night plans they keept my mood up, not much u can do for fun now a days you know. I mean they took out the internet and all that good jazz. 

I walked out the door and hopped on my four wheeler that i had got on my 12th birthday by my dad. I usually found it much easier to get around using the bike than my four wheeler because it was much smaller but because i was bringing a lot of stuff back to the house it was smarter to take the four wheeler. 

I slipped on my fingerless black bike gloves that had been tucked in my pocket ever since yesterdays scouting. I started the bike and stood up slightly so that i got more control. Because of that i was kind of a looner before the attack i had a lot of free time on my hands that i mostly spend down at the mechanic shop and helped out there a lot, which meant that i had a lot of knowledge about engines and that kind of stuff. And already the first week i had fixed so that my bike and four wheeling didn't make much sound so that i could sneak by the aliens without dragging a bunch of attention to myself. 

When i was getting closer to the food store i had been getting food from for weeks, i slowed down. I drove to the backside where i would be able to get in with the four wheeler. I turned it of and got of and picked up my gun that had been haning of my shoulder, you never knew what could be in here, one time i found a deer looking for something to eat. I didn't shoot it ofcourse, i'm not that coldhearted, but i did scare it away i didn't want it to bring any attention to me. 

I grabbed one of the shopping carts and started filling it with food especially water, i needed it to take baths to beacause i didn't have any running water, i admit that it is pretty cold bathing in water from a cold food store but it's better than smelling sweat. 

As i was filling the cart with things that looked good i heard a roaring engine. Someone was just outside the store. Wait scratch that, someone was IN the store! It was more than one person, maybe three or four from the sound of it. "Hal you go and get the water, Maggie go with Dai and get whatever that looks eatable. And lets do this fast people!" Shit i was just next to the water section and there's no way that i could move the cart before that Hal person got here, so i sneaked up behind some big box on the shelve next to me, just hope he doesn't notice the cart. 

I heard his footsteps getting closer and closer and my breathing got heavier and heavier. I heard him saying "what is this?" quietly to himself as he approached my cart. He put his hand on the handle of the cart, "still warm" damn this kid was smart. He looked about 17 maybe and to be honest he looked pretty good. "Who's up there!?" he asked, yeah right as if i was going to answer? Because of the klutz i am i accidentally hit a cake box of somesort with my elbow and i could hear the clinging from it hitting the steel grid shelves. "Ohhhh bad move, now i know you're there" i could hear a slightly mocking tone in his voice which only made me irritated. "What do you want?" i asked him irritaded "come down so we can talk". I thought about it for a while, i didn't have anything to loose so why not?

As i got down i quickly got my gun loaded and ready to shoot, just in case. "Chill i'm not gonna hurt you" he said slightly putting his hands up in defense "and how do i know that?" How the fuck was i supposed to know if he was going to shoot me dead or not? "Well i'm a part of the Resistance, the second mass to be exact" second mass huh, i've heard about them. "you know you could join us if you want to" he said when i didn't say anything back. 

I could hear the others walking down the ailes closing up on us and eventually they stood next to Hal. "well what do we have here?" the oldest one of them said, he had slightly grey hair in a little ponytail and a cap, he seemed to be their leader.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it sucked :P I'm just trying to make it as long as i can. I know i hate short chapters and you guys probably do to but yeah vote fan comment ! :D

- Gelaicia