chapter 17

If I spent as much time studying as I do reading stories on wattpad I would be a freaking genius.

Skylar's POV

After that we had gotten back from patrol I just felt like sleeping. It feels like I haven't sleept in ages. But I just couldn't sleep, I was tired but still I had so much energy in my body, how that now works :P When I got back to the camp the other day, they gave me my own tent, since there was no room in the other tents, or it was the fact that no one wanted to sleep in the same room as someone that have been harnessed. I jumped slightly when I heard someone move the piece of fabric, working as my door, out of the way and entering the tent. "Can't sleep?" Ben asked me. I knew it was him even thought I had my back turned towards him. "How did you know?" I asked him. "Because you're like me" He said as he sat down on my bed. I sat up and turned so that I was facing him. He had cut his hair, I guess I just hadn't noticed it when we were on patrol, I hadn't really looked at him because I was scared that he was angry with me. But now I couldn't help to take in his features. He had changed, even thought I only was gone two weeks. Now when that long shaggy hair was out of his face you could see his face better and those eyes... wow.... It's like you could feel every emotion he has ever felt. 

He coughed lightly which made me realised that I had been staring at him for a good while. "I'm sorry" I said embarassed looking down on my hands, probably red like a tomato. "You cut your hair" I said after a while and looked up at him again, now it was his turn to blush. God that's cute. "Yeah, it was just getting in the way..." He said quietly. "I like it" I said with a smile on my lips, he looked up and smiled back. "And I like you" He said. I don't know if I was supposed to hear it because it came out as a whisper. But I couldn't belive what he just said! He did what? HE LIKES ME!? "W-wh-what?".

Ben's POV

"W-wh-what?" she said sounding confused. Shit did I say that out loud, I just sat there, unable to speak, unable to move. She looked deep in thought her eyebrows slightly pushed together. "How could someone like me?" She whispered. It broke my heart to hear her say that, she was perfect. "How could someone not like you" I said and then I just leaned in she didn't move at first but when my lips touched hers, she put her hand in the back of my neck and started kissing me back. It was weird, but wonderful, I had never kissed a girl before but I'm glad that Sky is the first, I really like her. I could feel her pulling away. "Ben..... I-I don't know if I can do this" she whispered tears slowly making their way from her eyes down her cheeks. "Why?" I said almost crying myself, she's everything I want.  "I don't want to lose you.." She said. The tears weren't slow any longer, they were fast pouring out of her eyes. It broke my heart seeing her like this. "You wont lose me, I promise" I said as pulled her into a hug. "Thank you" she whispered. Thanks? For what? She is the one saving me. "For what?". "For being here for me" I slowly put my lips to hers. They were wet from all the tears. The kiss was slow and loving. "I'll always be here" I said as I pulled away. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

God I'm bad at updating :P 

Well hope you like it :D 

- Gelaicia