Chapter 16

Okay so definition of shabam.... It's kinda like BOOM, WOW and so on... Like that was a bit much? I don't really know :P that's the way i use it:P i know other people use it other ways:S I'm sorry for keeping you waiting so long btw! Thank you for hanging in there! Oh and FYI i wont be following the plot of the series anymore, i will kinda go with the flow if you know what i mean :D

- Gelaicia

-------------------------------

Skylar's POV

It's been two days since i woke up and i haven't talked to Ben since he stormed out of the med bus.

I can't help but feel that it's my fault that they took Tom. So i've just decided to stay away from Ben so he don't have to see the girl who is responsible for the dissapearing of his father.

I walked out of my and Lourdes tent and started walking towards the "cafeteria" or whatever you should call it.

I took some breakfast like food on my plate and sat down at a table with Lourdes, Hal, and Jimmy.

"Hey guys" i said smiling as i sat down.

"Hi sky" Lourdes said and smiled back at me.

"Hey, do you know when you are coming back on patrole with me and Ben?" Jimmy asked me as he shoved a sandwich is his mouth which Lourdes laughed at.

"Ehhhh yeah about that" i said dragging it out a bit

"AWWW COME ON! Don't say you're gonna quit because of Ben!" Jimmy nearly screamed

I looked down at my food emberassed. That was actually the exact reason i was thinking about quiting.

"No... Well okay maybe, but seriously i just think it's better for him if i just stay out of everything" i said mostly to Jimmy but i knew that lourdes and hal both were listening.

"Skylar, i promise you Ben will tell you if he has a problem with you. And trust me when i say he.don't. Just come with us on watch tonight, i'm sure he'll be happy that you're back" Jimmy said

"I guess.. Sure. But if if you're wrong Jimmy. I swear to god i will make you pay for it." I said as i picked up my food and started walking away

"Now that's the Skylar i know!" I could hear Jimmy exclaim and i couldn't help but smile at how silly he was.

Ben's POV (on patrol)

Skylar haven't said a word to me since i stormed of the medbus. I can tell that she's afraid of me, and i hate that. I don't want her to be afraid of me, i would never hurt her! She and Jimmy have been talking ever since we went out on patrol, and i just try to keep out of their way.

We had been sitting in an apartment for about 15 minutes now, looking out the windows looking for any alien activity. It really looks like the poeple living here left in a rush. But it could just be that people have been going in here after they left aswell.

"Ben?" I heard a soft voice say, i knew it was sky. "Yeah" i said back trying not to sound harsh, even thought i was slightly irritated about the fact that she and Jimmy had been getting along so well. And no. It's not jealousy.... i'm just ......irritated.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked me, i heard Jimmy's footsteps and i could tell he was leaving the room.

"Guys, I'm just gonna go and check the som of the other windows" He said. "Okay" sky said.

"I'm thinking about the people who used to live here" i said after a while of silance. I was sitting with my back leaning towards the wall with the windows, and looking in towards the apartment. Sky was sitting right next to me.

"Do you think that we ever can live a normal live again?" she asked me with a weak voice.

I didn't know the answer thought.

"I don't know if our lifes ever will be normal again. But one thing I'm sure about is that we will never be normal again"

She then did something that I didn't expect, she took my hand. She then looked into my eyes and said ''I just hope everything will be alright". She then let go of my hand and walked out of the room.

___________________

Kinda short chapter but I felt like I had to update:P I have my reasons for not updating for so long but I don't really want to talk about it. I can just hope you will understand anyways. And guys keep in mind that I'm a 15 year old swedish girl so ofc my spelling and grammar wont be perfect, and I know that the I's are supposed to be capitals but sometimes write on my phone and sometimes I just forget, we are all humans:*(well except for the skitters;))

- Gelaicia