Chapter 6 - Family

So this chapter might be a bit boring it's just Skylar and her brother catching up and stuff, i might add in some Ben too, i don't really know yet :P Ohh and btw i will dedicate one of the chapters too whoever writes the funniest comment, i need to laugh!

- Gelaicia

Skylar's POV: 

"So are you two capable of fighting?" Captain Weaver asked us. I didn't really know what to answer, sure i'm capable of it but if the aliens come to close, i'm not so sure that i would be able to handle that. But if i was gonna die i was sure as hell going to do it while fighting for my planet. "Yes" i heard Ben say next to me, but he didn't sound 100 % sure guess he was thinking like me. Captain Weaver then looked at me "Yes of course" I told him, trying to sound convincing. "Well then soldiers, welcome" "thanks" we both said at the same time. 

"I think i'm going to go and look for my brother, but i will see you later" I told Ben when we were out in the corridor, he seemed a bit sad "Yeah i guess i should go and be with my family a bit to" he said as he walked away. Now the only challange left was to find my brother. I still couldn't get in in to my head that he was alive. I mean i hadn't even known where he was before the attack! As i limped my way down the corridor i looked out of the window, there was childer playing red light green light, it's amazing how they can just shut everything out and just be themselfs and play.

I hadn't really payed attention where i was going so suddenly i bumped in to someone and i fell to the floor. He gave me his hand so that i could come up "Sorry you're that new girl Skylar right? I'm Jimmy" He smiled towoards me "Hah it's fine and yeah that's me! You were at Captain Weaver's office earlier right?" I asked because i though i had seen him before "Youp, and by the way your brother is in our room just down the hall to the left, it's next to the Mason's room" "Our?" i asked him "Yeah Nathan and i both didn't have any family when we got here so got to share room" "oh okay" i guessed that meant that i was going to be sharing room with him aswell now. 

"Hi!" i said as i sat down on the bed next to Nathan, he just envolved me in a hug and i thought that i felt something wet on my shoulder "Nathan are you crying?" i said worried about my older brother "Nathan why are you crying?" i asked again "m-m-mo-mom" He stuttered, now i got worried too "whats with mom nathan?" "She-she's dead" and with that i could feel my eyes tearing up too, i don't know how long we just sat there hugging eachother, atleast a hour or so. I didn't cry so much, as i said before i never really got worked up over death, my brother thought he had never been good with these kind of things i mean when dad died he joined the army just to get away. 

"Uhhhmm Skylar?" I heard someone say behind me, i got out of my brothers grip and turned around to see who it was that where talking too me. It was Ben "Yeah what's up Ben?" i tried to sound strong but my voice came out weak "It's time for dinner , do you wanna come with me?" He sounded almost nervous asking me "Yeah sure i'll be there in a bit" i said and with that he turned around and walked to the gym hall. 

"Seems like you've got a friend" My brother said almost mockingly, i didn't really get what he was implying thought "Yeah so?" "He seems to like you Skylar, haha gosh how can you be so stupid?" he said smiling. But Ben liking me? No, we just met maybe 12 hours ago! Plus i didn't really think of him that way, only as a friend. Gosh did i just friendzone someone? I'm sucha bitch:P I should probably stop thinking now... I just rolled my eyes at my older brother and made my way down the hall towoards the gym. 

Ben's POV:

"I think i'm going to go and look for my brother, but i will see you later" Skylar told me as we got out of Captain Weaver's office. I couldn't help but to feel a bit sad, i mean i already saw her as my friend even thought we hadn't known each other for that long. But i guess she wants to be with her brother a bit i mean she was just reunited with him! Maybe i should go and spend some time with my family too, we haven't seen each other for a good while. "Yeah i guess i should go and be with my family a bit to" I told her and turned around to go and find my family. I went down the hallway until i reached a room where i found Hal and dad sitting and talking. "Hi buddy how are you feeling?" My dad asked me "i don't know, normal?" I guess that's how i should be feeling, i mean they got that thing of my back, i'm normal now right? Well i don't think that no-one's normal anymore i think the alien invasion changed us all. "Hah yeah that good, you should be" My dad told me reasuringly 

"BEN!" i heard my little brother from behind me god i had missed his constant nagging "Hi Matt!" i said and hugged him hard. I was feeling kind of tired so i laid down on the bed next to hal guessing that it was his bed "get of my bed math geek" hal said "shut up i need to sleep stupid jock" i shot back "urghh you're so annoying, and i that was almost happy to have you back" i know that he was joking and that he was happy that i was back. We always said mean things to each other and tried to make life misreble for the other but we're brothers so we kinda couldn't hate eachother. 

When i woke up it must've gone by like two hours because it was starting to get dark outside. "Why don't you go and get Skylar so you two can get some food and then go back to dr glass, okay?" My dad said when he noticed that i was awake. "yeah go and get your precious Skyyylar Ben" Hal told me trying to annoy me and it worked, i mean i had known the girl for barely a day! And even if she was pretty she would never go for someone like me, so i just gave hal the "i will kill you later" look as i walked next door to Skylar's room. She was sitting there hugging her brother and it seemed like they both had been crying "Uhhhmm Skylar?" I said trying to get her attention. She got out of her brothers grip and turned around "Yeah what's up Ben?" she said i saw that somthing was troubeling her and i could hear it on her weak voice too. "It's time for dinner , do you wanna come with me?" I said nervously, i had never been good around girls  "Yeah sure i'll be there in a bit"  she said and smiled slightly at me. So i turned around and started walking down to the gym hall. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ughghghgh sucky chapter, and tomorrow school starts again:O fml i don't want to!!! Someone who wants to be my superman/woman and save me from this mess called life? 

- Gelaicia