Chapter 13

Sooooo... Sorry for not updating but my original idea for this chapter just seemed a bit boring.... So i tried to come up with something different:P i don't really know if it turned out great but here it is!

Skylar's POV:

We had been walking for a few hours now and my feet had started to hurt really bad. Ben was walking just slightly ahead of me with a sleeping Matt on his back, but he seemed just fine. "How much energy do you have in that freaking body of yours?" I asked ben while breathing heavily.

(AAAHHJRRRRGGG I HAD WRITTEN LIKE A WHOLE PAGE AND THEN BECAUSE I'M ON MY STUPID PHONE IT ALL GOT DELETED! : update so i wrote it again but forgot to save oups ...... So this is the third time i write this and hopefully the last!)

"Hah you tired sky?" Ben asked me and turned his head towards me. "Yeeeeeees!" I said "Well i don't think that it's that far left now, come on" He said and stretched out his hand towards me and i took it gladly. "Thanks" i said "For what?" he said confused "For dragging my fat ass along" i said and took a couple of deep breaths. All this talking wasn't really helping the condition that i was in right now.

But there was one thing that i just could not get of my mind and that was that when Ben took my hand i felt a tingle. A FUCKING TINGLE! Are you serious? Like i only thought that happened in movies and stuff. I was about to laugh at the fact that i felt that tingle but i stopped myself before it reached my lips, because if i laughed then Ben would wonder what i was laughing about and then he would now about the tingle and he would think that i was some sort of crazy person. Because no sain humanbeing feels tingles when toutching hands with someone, right?

Ben's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about what Skylar said. Why am i not tired? We have walked for hours, i'm carrying my brother and i'm dragging skylar along. (And i'm surprised that i even had the nerves to take her hand) But back to the point, why wasn't i tired? Was it because of the spikes? It've got to be that because i've been able to do things that i would never have been capable of doing before, like 100 pushups and skipping ropes for hours.

Before i was harnessed i was only a math geek that bearely could do one pushup. It's kinda awesome and scary at the same time. But i guess that it's something that i will have to learn how to live with. Just as we all have to learn how to live with this invasion.

When we suddenly were told to go into the forest and follow a path there, i got suspisious, because Hal had told me that there was a straight road leading to this place so that the rest of the second mass easily could findus later. But there was no talk about a path in the forest. Icould tell that Hal was confused to because he was looking around for Clayton. I looked back at Skylar and smiled and then said i just wanted to say a thing to Hal and she just nodded and let go of my hand.

"Hey Hal" i said as i walked up to him "Hi" he said still looking around for Clayton. "Why are we going in the forest?" I asked "That's the exact same thing i've been wondering,do you see Clayton anywhere?" He asked. "Yeah i think he's in the back" I said and pointed to the back of the group, and sure thing there was Clayton, telling everyone to go inte the forest. "Thanks, you can go back to your girlfriend now and i will go and talk to Clayton" Hal said with a smirk on his face... " She. is. not. my. girlfriend." I said giving him an angry look. "I know, you wish thought" He smirked again and started walking back to Clayton.

Skylar's POV:

After than Ben had talked to his brother he had come back to me. "What were you talking about?" I asked him

"Nothing important" he said and smiled at me but i could tell that there was something bothering him. But before i could tell him to fucking tell me i heard gunshots from the back of the group.

"Everybody get up in a tree or something!" I heard Hal yell and before i understood what was going on Ben had draggen me behind a bush and Matt had woken up and was scared. I could see Hal shooting at skitters and they were only getting closer to our position. "Ben get him up in a tree i will cover you" i said to ben as i took out my gun. I just wanted to get Matt out of here, i don't think i would be able to live with myself if something happened to him.

"You sure?" Ben asked me with a worried look on his face. I looked back to the skitter that now were less than 10 meters (sry i don't know what that's in feet) away from us. "Yes go" i told him with a determined voice.

I got up from the bush and aimed for the skitters leg. I hit it. But before i could shoot it again i could feel a sharp pain in my leg. I had been shot?! Again..... Well this is freaking great.

I looked up and saw clayton with his gun aimed at me and he started walking towards me and he grabbed my head and everything was black.

After that i only have short glimses of memory. Clayton and his men had made everyone keep going. And skitters dragging me away. I could hear Ben's voice screaming my name. But it had stopped after more gunshots.

Then i was in a dark room with a big tank or something. It looked like it had fishes in it or something. But i knew it wasn't fishes. It was harnesses. Then i could feel a sharp pain in my back and everthing was black again.

------------------------

:O what??! Is she harnessed??! Well yes but don't worry she will be back! And plus i had to do this to bring some sense to the title:P

- Gelaicia