Chapter 11

Sorry for not updating :P I've got a lot of reasons! Well first of all I got an A on my physics test !!! :D Second my grandma died and we had the furneral :( third I WAS ON A ONE DIRECTION CONCERT!!!! AND I SWEAR TO GOD NIALL AND HARRY WAVED TO ME! And it's also the end of the year so it's a lot of things to be done in school. But i will try to update as much as possible!

- Gelaicia

Skylar's POV

I woke up from someone shaking me lightly. And when i opened my eyes it was Ben, thank god he didn't wake me up the same way i woke him up.... "Skylar? Are you awake?" he asked I made some groggily sound and he laughed at me "I'll take that as a yes"

He stood up and stretched out his hand for me to help me up. I stood up and ofcourse i blushed ..... "You're cute when you blush" Ben suddenly said, but he looked away like he didn't mean to say that out loud. I just took my guns and walked out of the room. Omg, i'm not good in situations like this! Well dah that's because i've never been in a situation like this before .... i didn't really speak to anyone before the invasion.... But i just feel so weird around Ben. It's not like with Hal or Jimmy it's...... special? I always feel so shy around him but at the same time he makes me feel so comfortable.

"Ben are you coming?" I called after him and just a moment later he walked out from the room. It was dark outside when we got out of the school. You could really see the stars now when the steet lights didn't work.

"What are you doing?" Ben asked while looking at me with a wondering look. I relised that i had been walking with my head straight up in the air. "Looking at the stars" I said camly "You look weird" He said while laughing ... "Why thank you" I said with a sarcastic tone, he just gave me the signature mason smirk "Come on Jimmy is waiting for us" he said and grabbed my hand and dragged me along. But as he touched my hand i felt a spark! I know that sounds so cliché but i swear i felt it!

Suddenly Ben stopped and just stood there "What's the matter?" I asked but then i looked at what he was looking at and i saw a smashed schoolbus "OMG! JIMMY!?" I called after him. Jimmy had gone out about an hour before us so he'd got to be here when the attack happened.

"HELP" We heard someone scream and i just knew that it was Jimmy. "It came from the school!" Ben shouted as he ran towards the school and i followed right behind him. 

When we got in we realised that this part of the school had been locked down, there's no other way out of here than the one we came in from. We stopped and listened and i swear to god i could hear the sound of a skitter. Ben was about to say something but i put my hand over his mouth to stop him and i mouthed "Skitter" to him. He nodded and we started to move down the stairs. 

"Help!, Mech! Is somebody there!?" We heard Jimmy call he hadn't realised that this part was locked out. I signed to Ben to move faster becasue if i was right, Jimmy was down there alone with a Skitter right behind him without even knowing it. 

Suddenly i heard a door open but it stopped and i could hear the chains around it holding it back from opening. "No! Mech! Mech!" I could hear Jimmy scream. "He's right down there come on" i said to Ben. We moved down the stair but when we got to the bottom we saw Jimmy on the other side of the door but out of nowhere came the Skitter "Jimmy! Watch out!" Ben screamed but it was to late the skitter had broken through the door and Jimmy was on the ground shooting at it, but i knew that he soon would run out of bullets. 

Jimmy had realised this too and was about to throw his gun at the skitter desperately. But right as the gun hit the skitter's head i shot it right through the head from behind and it's head blew up right infront of us. Jimmy just sat there looking like he just shat his pants or something. 

"Jimmy?" I hear someone ask from behind me. I turned around and saw capten weaver walking towards Jimmy. "Jimmy?" He said again. "Come here" Captain Weaver said to Jimmy as he helped him of the ground. "You alright?" Weaver asked him. Jimmy didn't answer he just hugged him. Weaver seemed a bit surprised but he hugged him back. Talking about akward for me and Ben... we just stood there while Jimmy and Weaver had an emotinal moment ... I mean i'm the one that saved him! shouldn't i get a hug or something!? As an answer to my thoughts Jimmy came towards me and hugged me "Thank you" He whispered in my ear. 

"Come on Jimmy we better get you to Anne" Captain weaver said in his normal strict voice and he and Jimmy started walking away. 

I didn't follow them and neither did Ben we just stood there for a while  "erhhm maybe we should go and check on Jimmy" Ben said after a while. "Yeah" i said. I don't know what happened but i just felt scared of loosing someone. I was so scared that Jimmy would be dead when we found him but he's alive and i saved him. We should really be more happy for what we have. So i hugged Ben. He just stood there akwardly awhile but then he hugged me back "Don't ever leave me" I said and i could feel tears starting to run down my cheeks "I wont... i promise" Ben said and i snuggled into his chest. I just hoped that he would keep his promise. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 DAYS LEFT UNTIL FALLING SKIES SEASON 3!

- Gelaicia